Beginner Problem Inspector SOLVED!

I was using C7.5 the other day and I think it was working right…

Now in the inspector the chord track, notepad, inserts, midi inserts, all of them, nothing happens when I click on them.

Do I have something turned off somewhere?

I was working last time with just some instrument tracks then I added a mono track but I was unable to add an insert.

The inserts wouldn’t open in the console either.

How is the inspector supposed to work? I thought you click it to open a section and click it again to close it.

Some sections are open but won’t close, most sections just don’t work, I should see the notepad when I click on it no matter what track is selected right?

Do I need an update or something?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Hello Tacman7,

please restart your computer and try it again. Important! Do not turn it off and on again, but please click on “Restart”!

Let me know if that helps.

All the best

This is still happening but worse.

So when I hit F3 and get the console, when I click on inserts nothing happens. The eq is opened up but nothing else will open like routing strip or sends.

Plus I can’t roll my mouse wheel and get to the top, it keeps jumping like it’s in a loop.

Very strange, yes I’ve restarted the machine.

Hello,

have you already tried “Safe-Start”?

Regards

That doesn’t work for me, it just asks me if I want to allow this program to make changes to the computer then it starts like regular.

I did the update, didn’t change anything.

Hi Tacman7,

it should work for everyone. Try starting Cubase first and then pressing Ctrl + Alt + Shift.

Regards

I get this problem occasionally also. The Inspector and mixer tabs don’t respond anymore. This problem has existed for me as far back as Cubase 5, and I’ve never read feedback from Steinberg on why this problem occurs.

The only thing which has solved this problem for me, is to Restore Windows to an earlier restore point. In fact it happened to me yesterday. Restored Windows to an earlier Restore point, and bingo it’s fixed. Don’t know why though.

My suggestion to anyone who experiences this problem is to perform a weekly Restore Point in Windows.

That whole thing with the restore point makes me think a re-installation would also work.

Something I installed might have changed the resources somehow.

Have to give it a try, worth a shot.

Is there a support system other than this forum?

Like could I open a support ticket like a lot of places?

Thanks

Run cubase then hold down Crl Sht Alt?

Can’t see that would do anything but I will try it.

Restore points are a lot faster than re-installing Cubase and all VSTs. But sure, re-installing everything should also work.

OK, got the don’t load any preferences thing to work by starting the program then quickly pressing the modifier keys.

Opened a blank project, added an audio track then went to the console, nothing would open up, no eq etc.

So thinking about the reinstall.

Thanks guys

Did the reinstall.

No change. I’m just getting used to not having any functionality in console view other than a slider.

I can hit the little ‘e’ in the track inspector and get to inserts.

Everything seems to work but console view and track inspector is really screwy too, something open on occasion but it’s messed up like the console top part.

Worked best for me when I pressed shift, command, option and then started cubase.

Hi Tacman7,

try restarting your computer again. DO NOT turn it off and then on again, but go to “Settings → Power → Restart”. That should work.

Regards

Why would I restart my computer?

That’s going to make my inspector and console work correctly?

I would need to do this every time I turn the machine on?

So Chris from support told me to reinstall, I had already did that so I moved on to his second suggestion:

First, please shut down Cubase. Then go to the Start menu, All Programs, Cubase 7.5, Cubase 7.5 User Settings Data Folder. In the top address bar, you should see “App Data (roaming) Steinberg” Click on Steinberg at the top. This will put you in the Steinberg app data folder. Trash any Cubase or Nuendo folders that you see there. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. It also should clear up the problem you are having. Restart Cubase. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System).

Not sure what the problem was but a fresh start did the trick, overriding preferences didn’t help but this did.

Thanks guys

Thanks for posting! Just ran into this frustrating issue and after going through what you documented here (minus the re -install) I was able to fix the problem. Thanks again!

Came across this thread while searching for people with similar problems. I’m running into what I think is the same problem mentioned here: When I go to click on my Inserts, sends, channel strip, eq, ETC. on the left when I have a track selected, nothing opens/closes. I’ve gone through all of the things mentioned here multiple times and nothing is working. Anyone?

Just had this happen again. It would be great to know the possible causes of this problem so I could try to avoid them.

how do you do this on an Imac? same problem here. so frustrating

Were you able to find the User Settings Data Folder? Going to be in a different place, I don’t know mac so no help but it should be there somewhere. So you try this proceedure:

First, please shut down Cubase. Then go to the Start menu, All Programs, Cubase 7.5, Cubase 7.5 User Settings Data Folder. In the top address bar, you should see “App Data (roaming) Steinberg” Click on Steinberg at the top. This will put you in the Steinberg app data folder. Trash any Cubase or Nuendo folders that you see there. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. It also should clear up the problem you are having. Restart Cubase. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System).

If that doesn’t work I would open a support ticket. I think you do that after you log into your Steinberg account.