Beginner questions on WaveLab and Audio Restoration

Hi Everyone!
I have many questions on WaveLab and general Audio Editing.

What I am planning to do are some very basic tasks:

A) Recording some old Cassettes (original recordings, mostly from the 60s and 70s), cleaning noises and errors, make the L/R channels sound equal and apply some sound enhancements and burning them on CDs (in addition to a locally stored WAV file)

B) Recording some Cassettes with Radio Broadcasts (mostly Live Sets, years 2000 and later), dehissing, cutting out news and announcements, and apply some sound enhancements, then save the files as WAV (storage) and mp3 (for listening).
P.S. The recording of about 20 cassettes is already done using Audacity for Windows

Now my questions:

1. What WaveLab Edition do you recommend for those tasks?
    WaveLab Pro 12, WaveLab Elements 12 or maybe my (very) old WaveLab LE (which I got with my Studio Sound Card TerraTec Phase 28

2. I know that there is WaveLab Help by Justin Perkins, but he has so many videos. What do you recommend to watch?

3. Which Audio editing/processing steps do you recommend and in what order?

Many thanks in advance

Do you plan to do this for yourself or professionally?

I am doing this for myself and my parents, not commercially.
But I would like to have good results and besides that I want to learn something new.

There are quite a few videos online on the subject of audio restoration.

In practical terms, Wavelab Pro might be best. For restoration you could consider its built-in Clean and Enhance options in the track section of the Montage Inspector, and also the supplied RestoreRig and MasterRig plugins.

If you want more options, you might consider Acon Digital Restoration plugins and / or Steinberg’s SpectraLayers in combination with Wavelab Pro.

Hello,

I did just that with our old cassettes and some single vinyl records.
For the restoreRig plugin, it is already included in the wavelab elements version. And that is what I went with as a starting point. The Wavelab montage feature is great for this.
As an aside I got spectralayers elements for fidling with noise reduction and the likes. Got the pro version of that now, but it is quite time consuming to get to grips with because of the abundance of features. And this being for a hobby of mine, time is limited… :face_with_peeking_eye:

Steinberg 's compare editions site is very useful for initial cash spending considerations :grimacing:

I think I’ll give WaveLab / WaveLab Pro a try. There is a testing period of 60 days, that should be just fine to get to know the software a bit.

Is it possible to install both, Pro and Elements at the same time? This would make it easier to compare features.

Two more things:

1. I’m asking specifically for WaveLab because many years ago I used WaveLab 4 (yeah, version four) which was bundled with my hardware and I liked the Audio Montage function as well as some basic plug-ins it had.
    Later that time I got Magix Audio Cleaning Lab Deluxe, but as far as I can remember it was missing something, so I went on with WaveLab 4.

Now, about 20 years later I’m asking myself the same thing: WaveLab or Audio Cleaning Lab? What are the major Pros of using WaveLab for this particular task?
I think WaveLab is the better choice, but do I need the Pro Tools? Or would even basic LE be enough?

1. For testing WaveLab, can someone recommend a few of the videos from Justin Perkins that focus on Restauration and Mastering Tracks?
    Sorry for asking, but there are 4 pages full of content. I mean, watching them all will probably be way to much for what I need to do.

Sorry for my asking…
Many thanks in advance