Beginner, simple question , saving a sample I made

I’m still not sure about samples and how they work when you pull a audio clip down you made into the sample track window to edit it further as far as how to save that end resulting sample…I haven’t been able to find a dialog box to ‘save as’, once I have it like I want it?..or is it forever tied to the overall project? I want to build a library of samples that I make and peruse them like you can in the right hand column of cubase 12…plus I a bit confused about how to work or integrate it with Halion ? Cursiously , I haven’t found a video or anything in the manual about this amazingly basic thing…thanks for any info!

When you put an Audio Sample onto a Sampler Track the thing you are hearing is more than just a Sample. It is a Sample being manipulated by the Sampler Track - this would include velocity response, loops, envelopes, etc.

If you want to save this with all its functionality then you should save it as a Track Preset. On the other hand if you only want to save the audio results of a performance on your Sampler Track then you can use Render In Place (or Export Audio if your Cubase doesn’t render) to capture the Audio. Then just put the resulting Audio files into a Folder and Make sure that Media Bay scans that Folder Location.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll look for the ‘render’ option or export

ok well,…I THOUGHT I could figure this out, however, same problem exists…I don’t know how to actually save or ‘render’ the sample in the sample control window to a folder…can anyone give me a walk through? All options to save end up saving the audio from the track view only.

It is called “Sampler Track” for exactly this reason. It is not a stand-alone sampler, the track is the sampler. The output can only be rendered there.
There are stand-alone samplers available as VST instruments for free and for money. Google might reveal something fitting.

What flavor of Cubase are you using - Elements, Pro…?

That’s not what gets saved. You want to convert what you are hearing into an Audio File.

I think you might want to look for some videos on the Cubase YouTube channel on how to use the Sampler Track to clear up any potential misconceptions on how they work.

Ok, well if it’s not possible, then why not make it possible, Cubase? I love straightforward, intuitive ideas and this seems like a good one (caveat - I am new to sampling per se, so maybe what I’m suggesting is doable already that is as speedy and straightforward as what I’m envisioning, so bear with me​:grinning:)….nevermind how things currently function , I kind of get it now…but what I’m suggesting is why NOT make it possible to have the full power and speed to go ‘drag/drop audio clip into the nice and convenient track sample window….edit it with the full compliment of audio editing tools , then a one click button to render it to audio ( I’m using Cubase 12 pro, btw) , then literally drag your creation over to the right hand pane and save it to an icon of your creation …you could call it ‘ my Sexy Samples’ :grinning:…then you would eventually have hundreds if not thousands of your own custom made samples that you could drop back into new projects, either as an audio clip, new track sample, halion sample or groove agent sample. The choice is yours, versus the unwieldiness of having to open and manipulate a third party sample creation tool…you’ve already got everything laid out for you for very speedy creation/saving/recall with what I’ve described…make it happen Cubase ! :grinning:

1 Like