Behringer BCF2000 and Cubase 6? Korg Nanokontrol?

Yes, exactly, that’s how I see it.

Steve.

Hi !

Unless your non-motorized device has a “catch-up” function : if you need to modify a fader’s position, the software fader will only start to move when the two values cross each other (if the virtual fader is, let’s say, at -6dB, then it will only move if the real fader crosses the -6dB value).

Cheers.

Thanks Jerome, I didn’t know about the possibility of a ‘catch-up’ function.

How would you know if this is available on a particular unit? For example, I like the look of the little Zoom units, the R16 and R24, as field recorders. If they had this catch-up function you mention, this would make them more useable as midi controllers.

Steve.

Hello !

sorry, I don’t know about the zoom. But you may find this information in the user manual if it is available on zoom’s website (?).

The BCF 2000, although it has motorized fadzers has this possibility when it is used in “native” mode. There are three fader modes : motorized, non-motorized, non-motorized with catch-up function.

Cheers.

Thanks very much Jerome. I’ve checked the online Zoom manuals and they don’t seem to say what midi features the R16 and R24 have. I’ll see if I can find out from Zoom.

Alexis: this ‘catch up’ function will make a non-motorised fader unit much more useful and useable, in my opinion - I’m assuming this is not an option for the Nanokontrol but then again I didn’t even know this possibility existed so it’s probably worth having a look through the manual.

Steve.

The “catch up” function you guys are talking about is called “pickup mode” and, from what I’ve gathered, seems to be not available in Cubase. I think it’s an option within Logic and Ableton and does what you guys describe…allows the faders to be “transparent” until they hit the same point as the faders in ur DAW.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong…I was considering the nanokontrol2 also, due to its size and price but, if I cant get that “pickup mode” in Cubase, I cant see myself using it really.

Does anyone have much experience with USB Midi keyboards WITH FADERS? Any of those have any kinda cool features which will prevent “fader jumping”?

…a USB MIDI keyboard controller with motorized faders…that would be DOPE!!

…and glad to hear u guys like ur BCF2000’s…that may just have to be the route I end up taking

Since I posted, Steinberg has released their own fader controller: - YouTube

I haven’t really heard much about it, looking for some reviews, especially what happens when you power down, and power up - will the faders move in Cubase?

Wow I looked at those…$200 for four faders? Is there more to it than that that make these so special? I know u can switch to other fader banks 5-8, 9-12, etc but I want something more hands on…I want 8 faders (at least) dammit lol! And I wouldnt pay $400 to get it…jeez. They should make ur second one half price and I’d consider it.

I like wine and cheese, but can’t read French. I see this is set up for SX3 … I wonder if it would be worthwhile to get it translated into English for use with Cubase 6, or if it is too dated …?

Hey JLiRD808 - if you’re thinking of the BCF2000, here’s a series of vids for use with C5. Caution - watch with a cup of coffee at hand … :smiley: