Behringer BCF2000 midi remote

Some devices will ignore the LSB.

@Jochen_Trappe what about this issue with mOnProcessValueChange though?

Which ones? I’m confused!

Now you’re just messing with me, and not answering my question.

1 Like

please, stop using this not working “oldValue” thing. In which exmaple script did we put it? I’ll remove it asap!

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s in the code examples in the README

RealWorld line 50

Oh no :frowning:

HI everybody

i would like to follow up with bcf2000 midi remote script, i have one that i use to use as a mackie control, but i am not sure how to use it with this remote script? is it even continued in its development ?

thanks

@oqion Did Jochen or anyone ever officially stated what the deal with mOnProcessValueChange is? This issue has been reported in so many threads and I couldn’t find a concise answer.

@mlib

There does not appear to be any difference that I can tell from the first version 12.0.0 to 12.0.2.

This callback will provide the last input from the device to Cubase, but it does so every time the value changes in Cubase. So if you change the value with the mouse, the callback will be called with the last value of the device.

1 Like

Hi,

Not really. There was a detailed description on one thread. It depends on the window, where do you call it from and the exact parameter.

For example Pan from the MixConsole calls all values, from the Project window only the last one (if I remember the bug correct).

1 Like

@Martin.Jirsak , that was mOnDisplayTextChange that exhibited that behavior snd not mOnProcessValueChange.

mOnProcessValueChange is working correctly for me. At leasr so far.

Ron

1 Like

Hi,

Oh, you are right, @Ron.Garrison, sorry. And thank you.

@Giampaolo_Gesuale
I would really like to try out your script for the BCF2000 and would happily report back. I’ve downloaded your file, but not being all that smart I’ll need some advice.

Here are the questions I have for starters.

1. the file has a .midiremote extension. Do I need to change that to a .js extension?
  2. Do I copy this to the public folder in the midiremote_factory_scripts folder? ( I tried this, but got a message saying this was disallowed). Or do I use an import function in the MIDI remote area?
  3. What are the knobs, sliders, and buttons assigned to? Transport controls, quick controls?
  4. Is there a pdf available to download with a graphic that shows the mapping?
  5. Does the BCR2000 script work with the BCF2000?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

No. You can import the *.midiremote file directly to Cubase in the Mapping Assistant.

It doesn’t matter. You can import it from any folder.

You will see the assignment in Cubase.

No, these are different devices.

Hi john, any feedback from your test ? thank you

oops! Thought I was posting on another thread, for anyone that read my nonsensical previous statement. In answer to your question, I did not get a chance to try that script out, but ended up designing my own, which I have posted on another thread along with a graphic showing the functions.

Hello John.

Are you working on a PC or a Mac? If you are on a Mac, which one and what version of the OS?

I have a BCF2000 sitting in my equipment locker waiting to be rescued and brought back out into the studio after 10 years of exile! lol

Thanks for your info.

I am using a Windows 10 PC. Check back and let me know how it went!

On another thread I posted a couple of BCF2000 scripts and pdf graphics of the layout for reference. That may be useful for you. It’s over here: Multiple mappings for the same midi remote controller - #7 by john_robison

Thank you John! I have not installed Cubase Pro 12 yet. I am waiting until at least version 12.3 or 12.4 has been released and other users have reported that most of the really troublesome bugs are squished! lol

But I will keep an eye on this thread so that I can obtain the most advanced script and try and put the old BCF2000 back into service when I upgrade.

Thank you and the others for all the great work you are doing putting this BCF2000 script together and optimizing it!

Have a great day!

Hi

I’m just checking in on this. I have successfully mapped a BCF & 2 BCR’s. All knobs get LED feedback. Has any worked out how to get feed back to motorised faders.

I should say while not in Mackie mode as this seems to cause issues in remote. I also have a Mackie controller so using the BCF 2000 for VST’s