Behringer BCF2000 Mod wheel Configuration?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to configure Behringer BCF2000 to work with my Albion Samples.
As some of you will know the mod wheel is necessary to unlock the full potential of the library and the reason I got the B-control is because my piano doesn’t have one.
I can’t seem to make it work though, apart from some basic volume and pan control.

I don’t want much for the moment - just to be able to assign the mod wheel function to one of the faders (via controller command 33, right?) and the volume function (of the same track) to another fader.

Does anyone have the same configuration or any suggestions on how to do that?

Thank you!..

Ok, it seems that nobody knows what I’m talking about, maybe I didn’t make myself clear enough:)
Anyway - it took me a while but I found the solution, so I thought I’ll post it here in case someone needs it at some point, cause it’s not explained in the manual nor in any youtube videos.

So, if you have Albion, you don’t have a mod wheel and you want to be able to assign the mod wheel function to one of the faders of the BCF2000 and use the full range of samples this is what you have to do:

DON’T set up the Mackie control emulation mode, as it is suggested everywhere, this way you won’t be able to program the faders to different midi CCs (controller commands).
Hold down the first top button from the left (under the first knob) and switch on the B-control.
This way you’ll be in the programming menu.
Hold down the EDIT button, move the fader you want to assign and use the knobs to program the CC you want to work under this fader.
For now I just have set volume (CC7) under fader 1 and mod wheel (CC1) under fader 2 (you’ll find the details of programming in the manual on the Behringer website, what they don’t tell you though is how to get into the programming mode…)

Final step - in Cubase, go to Device setup and in the ‘Remote devices’ add ‘Generic Remote’ (NOT Mackie Control)
and this way your fader 1 will control the volume and fader 2 the mod wheel to help you unlock the amazing Albion sounds!

Obviously this isn’t working just for Albion, most samples have some variations that can only be heard using the mod wheel.

Voila!:slight_smile:

Yes, you are right, I didn’t know.

OK, so you just changed your Behringer BCF2000 from Mackie Control Settings to the MIDI CCs settings. You can do this different way. You can leave your BCF2000 in the Mackie Control mode (of course, you have to switch the Mackie Control off in the Cubase, i.e. set like Not connected inputs and outputs). OK, as Mackie Control, BCF will transmit PitchBend MIDI events (on different MIDI channels) by moving faders. You can change the PitchBend MIDI MessagePad to different MIDI message very easy in the tracks Logical editor window.

By switching On and Off the Mackie Control inputs and the Logical Editor, you can switch between using BCF as Mackie controller, and MIDI controller.

In your case, you don’t need to switch the Mackie Control in the Cubase off. Just restart your BCF, and switch it between Mackie Control mode and Universal MIDI Controller mode.

Btw, there is one disadvantage,in your case: faders of the BCF can’t move, if your MIDI CCs 1 are playing back. There is no output for this. Only one way is to use MIDI Send, for routing MIDI data to the second one MIDI port. But it’s not very user friendly, and you have to think about your Setup (for example fader 1 is CC1 on MIDI Ch1; fader 2 is CC1 on MIDI Ch2, etc., it depends…).

When you say tracks Logical Editor, do you mean the Project Logical Editor, or something else? I have never used the logical editor and it doesn’t look like the most straightforward option.

And then if I switch the Mackie control off in Cubase, as you suggested, Cubase doesn’t ‘see’ the BCF2000 and doesn’t react to it…

Sorry, I wasn’t in Cubase yesterday evening. I thought, I’m wrong in first term, but I wasn’t. The term is Transformer (not Logical Editor, as I wrote). You could use Transformer MIDI Insert for transform incoming data to different outcoming data.

I’m sending 2 screenshots. First one is the Transformer settings, which says:
If the input is Pitchbend, change it to the MIDI CC 1. Values stays.

Second screenshot is using MIDI Sends for sending MIDI data to the different MIDI output.

When you switch off the Mackie Control in the Cubase, you have to activate this MIDI Port in the Device Setup > MIDI Port Setup. Set it as Visible.
MIDI Sends.png