Behringer X-Touch Review/ Problems

The X-Touch compact can control those options when you use it in Mackie Control (MC) mode. I have one X-Touch compact right now and noticed that I in fact need another. One in MC mode for transport and mixing and the other that I can program the MCC commands for tweaking instruments.

Hey Hugh, hopefully youā€™re still monitoring this thread as I just picked up an X Touch compact this week and had a few questions for you regarding the way youā€™re controlling CCā€™s for VSTiā€™s. It sounds like youā€™re using the device in the exact way I had planned to regarding some VSTi controller information and some cubase control information. I get the assignments in the X Touch editor for the most part, but you said you were filtering via the preferences in cubase for other commands you were sending on channel 16. My questions would be the following.

1. If Iā€™m using the faders to control CCā€™s for VSTiā€™s, such as modulation, expression, volume, etcā€¦, and thatā€™s all assigned to MIDI channel 1, what do I set the FADER-TOUCH values to? Do they need to match the fader values in the FADER section of the editor, or do they need to be set to off, or just set to channel 16? Wasnā€™t sure how to define those and if they would interfere with the normal fader settings. A better question would probably be, what do you use that functionality for, if anything, and how do you have those set?

2. I would suspect the answer is no, but can you run the x touch editor while cubase is open, or do you need to do all assignments in the editor before you launch cubase? It seems if you try to run the editor after cubase is launched, the dump functions and such are grayed out. So Iā€™m assuming you need to make any and all assignments to the compact in the editor first, save them, THEN open cubase?

Itā€™s a pretty damn versatile controller, and adds a ton of functionality. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, and if I wasnā€™t clear enough regarding the questions just let me know.

Hi,
I use the opportunity of the existence of X-Touch Compact thread to ask a question I nowhere could find an answer: I have X-TC connected to Cubase 10 in Mackie Control mode and in no way I could succeed to control input channels level with it. In other words seems like X-TC in Mackie control mode does not even see input busses. Did anyone here find a way to do it in Mackie mode? I know that in generic mode X-TC, being fully programmable, can control whatever I please, but MC is generally simpler and more handy in basic configurations with this one exception of not simply allowing for fader control of Cubase audio inputs.
Any help here will be most appreciated.
Witold

Did you set it up correctly in Cubase/Nuendo?
Adding an MCU and setting the MIDI input and output?

input channel (red fader caps) cannot be seen by Mackie controlā€¦

Thanks for both answers. And yes, X-TC (MCU) works fine with everything else but inputs.
As for the second answer, would you know why inputs cannot be seen by Mackie? Is it protocol-related ar Cubase-specific?
Witold

Protocol related I think

Thank you.

I bought a Overlay for Cubase and i am able to control the Input channels by pressing ā€œShift + 7ā€

Read this thread and you will see

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Recording/X-Touch-Overlay-for-Cubase/td-p/251495/page/3

Hi all,

Quick qs for you all,
I have the X Touch one, and it work well with Cubase Pro 10.5.
I al in cubase mode, and in Cubase settings, i am using the ā€˜Mackie Controlā€™ set up in Remote Device.
I struggle to set-up the User Commands on the 4 Functions button of the X Touch one.
I set up sthg for F1 Button, in Category and in Command column, Apply, but then nothing happen when In try to press F1 on the X Touch One.
Any idea?

Just found it.
Mackie control are working perfectly, i was just not entering the right things in the Category and Column!

Hi @gorguts6,

may I ask you what you mean by ā€œCubase Modeā€? Iā€™ve read that several times now, but canā€™t see where I could set such a mode. I would be very happy if you could give me a hint. Thanks in advance!

The Function keys on the X touch one, do work but you need to restart Cubase for them to load properly.
Maybe unplugging and reconnecting would work, I have not tried that.

The 2 choices are ā€œCubaseā€ & ā€œCompatibilityā€

1 Like

@raino
I didnā€™t realize that I had to search in Cubase. Thank you very much for the explanation!