Best Audio Card for PC??

Over the last 10 years I’ve used:

delta 1010- (still got it,sat in a drawer)
VSL2020 (still got it,sat in a drawer)

Lynx Two

SSL Alphalink/Soundscape 48TA

I currently own:

RME hdsp9652 fed by Apogee converters and 2x MR816’s and a UR824.

The RME/Apogee combo doesn’t get used. Yes the performance technically on the RME is amazing but I find total mix a PIA and over complicated compared to the integration with the MR,and sound wise the Steinberg/Yamaha units sound superb.

with the steinberg units I don’t have to think about latency as it’s all done with the control room and direct monitoring. All I ever need to do is send ‘the talent’ reverb in the monitor mix and the rev-x is superb,trying to do this with total mix is a PIA.

With the steinberg units everything is there in cubase under my fingertips, I can drop a singer in to do a vocal repair with a full finished mix going on without worrying about latency.

There are some niggly software things with the MR/UR’s that I hope they’ll sort out but for most of the time if I’m not tracking 24 tracks at a time with different project sample rates, then I’m a happy camper.

MC

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Lots of great information.

Yes I am monitoring via hardware but there still is the input latency to deal with. It does not really bug me too much. I’m more interested in getting better converters and more line inputs.

I also agree with you that for the money the 400f does a lot fairly well.