Best practices for preparing parts/layouts

I’m wondering if anyone can weigh in on best practices for final application of Layout Options and proofing parts before printing/exporting. I find that this is the most confusing part of Dorico’s interface. Here are the areas that get me into trouble:

• Layouts panel jumping from Left in Setup to Right in Print
  • Incongruity between layout selected in the View panel at the top of the interface and the Layout panel
  • Layout Options only apply to one layout, and I often end up adjusting Layout Options for the wrong layout because of the confusion about the View I am seeing.

Is there a way to apply the Layout Options from one layout to one or more other layouts, or do all of the options have to be applied individually for each layout?

Is there a way to differentiate between layouts when you want the same layoutName text to appear on the printed part, but you have two different layouts?

Thanks in advance. I know this is a big set of tasks I’m asking about, but I’m thinking that experienced users may have a way of thinking about this aspect of the work that might help tie it all together.

Incongruity between layout selected in the View panel at the top of the interface and the Layout panel
In Setup mode, the ‘view’ is largely irrelevant. You need to be able to edit and configure every layout, so the panel needs to select any given layout.

Layout Options only apply to one layout,
You can select more than one Layout in the right hand panel of the Layout Options, and apply a setting to all of those selected.
In Setup mode, you can also Propagate Part Formatting from one Part to another, which may be useful.

Thanks, benwiggy.