Best way to navigate through large sessions?

Though your workflow is quite smart and the fact that you’re sharing it is much appreciated, I thinks it’s a slow workflow?

RECTIFICATION:
I reacted too soon I think, and I just found out that “Find Track” isn’t that slow as I thought?! If you know where you’d like to put your (copied) event, this “move to selected track”-workflow works quite fast indeed…You can not select something else between selecting your event and the “move to selected track”-command since there is no “reselect”-function in Nuendo and you cannot move the source-event to a different time-position, but if you stick to the routine of selecting the source-event, finding the destination-track and “move to selected track”, it works quite nice.

Thanks!

Niek/ Amsterdam.

No.
Among other things like VO e.g. I`m in audio guides and audio books, there are often 5, 7, 12 and many more hours of stuff in one project. I always find positions or tracks/clips, still after years.

My Nuendo projects are very well structured.
I use a lot of folders (atmo, music, SFX etc.), colors, track visibility features and - of course - many marker tracks e.g.
Cycle markers are also great for fast zooming in project sections (see track header) it is worth naming markers and cycle markers.
But I think you’ll already know all these features.

I understand you, Niek. But everyone works differently, perhaps.
Well, I’m not a friend of too many mouse clicks and everlasting drag/drop operations. For this I use a lot of own key commands and macros.
For example, I´m a fan of folders and visibility track groups, especially for tracks in which I am currently working. You can save it, KC are also available to switch visibility and the KC “Show only tracks used” is very advantageous. In combination with other KC´s and macros, a lot going on to work clearly and fast in large projects.

No problem. It´s great that this forum comes to live with your interesting and meaningful postings, Niek.

C.