Best Windows OS for dedicated music system?

I am on Windows 8.1, but cant see much advantage spending a couple of days doing a clean install, reinstalling a **** load of software and having to deal with possible issues with W10. I guess I will wait for a new machine with W11.

there are no important daw tweaks under Win10.

Unless you have more than 14 logical cores and have to tweak audioengine.properties

I strongly agree with this - a contantly changing machine is not what you want. Hundreds of various software/plugins running together with daw.
MS does not have daw in mind when designing this forced update thingy. More like casual browsing internet folks in mind and security for that.

The problems some seem to have with W10 - from an security update - in unheard of until W10.
I never read that anywhere about earlier version where a windows update made things not work anymore.

Quite a bunch of topics here and Adobe forums over this - suddenly cannot start Premiere, had to revert graphics driver - eLicenser suddenly not recognizing licenses, had to do maintenance on that - no audio starting Premiere, unclear how they fixed that.

But also read many places that important with fresh new install - so unclear if some problems relate to this or not.
But can’t say I look forward to having to get a new computer one day - and be forced on W10. With a raised pulse for sure…

I went with the intel liquid cooling system it’s small and temperature never fluctuates,because sometimes I am running the computer live for recording audio and it does video as well ,never runs hot and was cheap

https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc

F uck windows 10.

No Brainer. W10 for a new system. I have anything but a plain vanilla setup and everything plays nicely and better than W7. I’m not going to have to worry about OS upgrades for quite a while now.

Windows 10 Educational or Enterprise.

I am not suggesting anyone use this as the results may be unknown for the future. But I am choosing to use it on my home music system and it works ok here thus far specifically with 9.0.2. That is not to say it will work ok on your system so proceed with extreme caution and back your system up fully before downloading and installing it. There is an option to suspend the updates.

I repeat though use it at your own risk. It is impossible to tell the future when it comes to your PC defenses and any important
security updates. Or in fact if any applications you use now or in the future will require the future Windows 10 updates to even work so there is risk involved.

Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

My AV pops a message up when I visit the site (so I won’t directly link to it from here) that houses this app so be warned of that too… something about “reimageplus”

My W10 home music system rarely goes online only to update eLicensor or some other software protection/install/authorize using trusted applications and websites. This machine is not used for gaming or general surfing of the internet.

Win 10 is junk. I am stuck with 10 and I have a decent I7 system and bad performance with 32g of ram. I have done every tweak and still have a high performance meter. Steinberg needs CREATE A DEDICATED OS JUST FOR MUSIC PRODUCTION, I would pay for it gladly. It seems Steinberg don’t give a dam or could care less to even release a TWEAK guide that is updated regularly. They depend on us to give each other advice when they should be solving our problems. If they cared anything about their long time customers they would dedicate some time to create a tweak and trouble shoot guide and keep it current.

Windows 10 does not really need any tweaks to run a DAW.
Activate the build in power scheme and done.
BIOS tweaks are the same as for any other DAW, nothing Steinberg should waste any time on.