BFD3 - Problems and general query RE 'real sounding' drums

Hi guys,

Help required! Currently running Cubase 7.5.30 (64bit) and have been running the demo version of BFD3 these last few days. Despite messing with preferences, etc, the program crashes pretty much every other time I launch it. Sometimes the samples just fail to load after several attempts resulting in strange ‘popping noises’ before crashing Cubase completely. Not sure if it’s a Cubase problem or a problem with the VST itself. Done a fair bit of research online and just can’t figure it out.

Another annoying thing is that whenever I select a ‘preset’ kit, the preset’s groove plays back automatically whenever I click play on the Cubase transport panel - really annoying - is there anyway to stop this? It kind of plays over the top of whatever I’ve programmed in.

If it’s a Cubase issue then I’m assuming somebody here will know what to do. If it’s an FXpansion issue, I certainly won’t be paying for it just yet.

Basic spec - Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz / 16GB Ram / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface

And my other query - regarding ‘real sounding’ drums:

If Drumagog is used for replacing real mic’d up drum parts (I’ve seen this done several times in recording studios), then if the same method is applied to ‘VST drums’ mixed down to individual tracks in wav format, shouldn’t it (in theory) be possible to replicate a real-sounding kit?

Just a thought experiment really - but I’d interested in hearing what others think about the idea. I don’t own Drumagog so can’t really try it myself.

If this has been discussed on the forums already, can somebody point me in the right direction? I don’t use the forums very often.

Cheers!
LZ

what version of BFD3 are you running? For stopping the loops just unload the groove and hit the cycle button or something like that.