BIAS FX hangs in Cubase 11

Hello,

I have updated Cubase from 10.5 to 11 version.
When I am trying to open Bias FX in Cubase it is hanging the system, and I shoud end the task with Task Manager. I can not work with Bias FX.
I have tried to reinstall Bias FX. It still does not work
Before upgrade, in Cubase 10.5 it works fine.

Hi,

Try to generate DMP file, please. In the Task Manager right-click to Cubase and generate DMP file. If this doesn’t work, use Microsoft ProcDump utility, please.

Please use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 10:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase10

Nuendo 10:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo10

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

Share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Hello, I have made DMP file. I can not attach the link and I can not attach the file. How can I send you the link or file?

Hi,

ZIP the DMP file and attach it here, please. If the file size is too large, use Dropbox or similar service, please.

Hello,
When I am trying to attach zip file - I receive this: Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.

When I am trying to add link - I receive: Sorry, you can not attach links to your posts

Hi,

I’m sorry, I don’t know the solution then…

Hello,

There is the link: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/E1Ne/1eEiEgczd

Send the Dump file to Bias as it is their responsibility to sort these issues out. To be honest I did not even instal Bias in 11 as I could not get a sound I liked out of it. But then I am a Kemper user.

Hello, I starting bias fx as standalone app and that works fine,
But when I use in Cubase 11 it is not works.
Besides bias amp works fine in cubase 11.

Alexey

You should still send the dump file to Positive Grid so they can understand what is happening.

Hi,

The crash is in the plug-in:

STACK_TEXT:  
win32u!NtUserSetWindowPos+0x14
BIAS_FX_2_x64!l9_ippsSinCos_32f_A24+0x6a1682
BIAS_FX_2_x64!InitDll+0xffda8
BIAS_FX_2_x64!InitDll+0x10468f
BIAS_FX_2_x64!l9_ippsSinCos_32f_A24+0x6a651a
BIAS_FX_2_x64!InitDll+0x10468f
BIAS_FX_2_x64!l9_ippsSinCos_32f_A24+0x138c69
BIAS_FX_2_x64!InitDll+0x1048ab
BIAS_FX_2_x64!l9_ippsSinCos_32f_A24+0x1af7ae
BIAS_FX_2_x64!l9_ippsSinCos_32f_A24+0x1afd16
BIAS_FX_2_x64!l9_ippsSinCos_32f_A24+0x1afad1

Bias FX opening just fine here on a trial version of Elements 11 FWIW, on Windows 10.
Haven’t got round to trialling the Pro 11 version yet.

Hello,

Is there some date when will tests make in Cubase Pro?

Sometime in the future, it’s not a priority for me as I’m happy with Cubase 10.5 and busy writing, recording and releasing music.
Sorry.

1 Like

I’ve been using BIAS FX on Win10/Cubase 11 Pro with no problems.

I’m not sure what’s causing your problem, but in the past BIAS FX would sometimes take a while to load presumably because it was trying to contact Positive Grid servers. So, try going online before starting Cubase to see if that helps. Also, the latest version fixed a lot of previous bugs, so try updating as well (if you haven’t already). Good luck…

Hello,

I have found solution. Turn off my anitvirus and firewall, start BIAS FX - everything works fine. Then one by one turn on firewall and antivirus. It works.

Thanks for all.