Big News wednesday 👍

Wednesday Jan 12 14.00 hrs :grinning:

1 Like

This is very exciting! The ‘form’ from previous releases is for the announcement to be made at some point in the (European) morning, before the YouTube livestream is a walkthrough/promotional tour of the new version.

Just two sleeps left, then… :grinning:

1 Like

Here’s the actual link to the news:

2 Likes

What, you think this forum didn’t notice within a minute of the livestream notice going up on YouTube??? :grin:

Yeah, not too long. Really looking forward to getting multi use, due to a computer move around my composing studio has been sans Dorico for some time, the horrors …

2 Likes

Thank you. Useful information rather than all of the petty noise that’s been going on here of late.

1 Like

I’ve been bedridden the last few days with you-know-what and boy would I love to get my hands on the release notes so I can read them! Lol. This wait is killing me. (And for a few moments, it actually felt like it! Lol. I’m on the mend now, thanks be to God.)

16 Likes

@Romanos Get well soon!!!

2 Likes

Wow. Best wishes for a speedy and thorough recovery!

2 Likes

Thanks, Craig. Fortunately, I never suffered any of the scary breathing issues; it was essentially the flu for me. The bigger issue has been how it has thrown my whole family in a lurch, with the kids having to stay home and my wife too, to take care of them. I’m also the choir director and organist at our church, so there was no music this past weekend, and likely won’t be any next weekend either, from what I can tell. Hopefully the parishioners will just be that much more glad to have me back!

7 Likes

Recover well! And soon - we’ll need your input for whatever is happening on Wednesday. Gosh, you’d think something big was coming…

2 Likes

pd4ras

3 Likes

Rest well. There seems to be a lot of it about at the moment…

1 Like

Is it Wednesday yet?

2 Likes

Sorry the bug got you. Glad it is relatively mild. Churches, theaters, and concert halls are all being hit hard.
Get well soon.

1 Like

Romanos, hopefully your bug will be tempered by a bug-free V4. It might be a great antidote. Get well!

1 Like

I wish you the best of wishes for an hour of recovery!

1 Like

I’m sorry that you have to go through this! It goes without saying, but take your isolation time to go through those release notes and new features! It surely will make the recovery much lighter.

2 Likes

Hopefully the big reveal is something about finally getting some small but essential things in music language done, like “G.P.”, complete and editable metric modulations, irrational tuplets and their proper playback (Adès), playback of fermatas and commas (just time value input like 1,2 sec.) etc.

If it is just about new licencing methods or something like Android version I’d be disappointed.

1 Like

If tomorrow’s announcement is the release of Dorico 4, I am confident it will be about far more than just a new licensing structure.

When the release was accidentally posted on the site of a 3rd-party reseller, I grabbed screenshots of the features descriptions. If correct, suffice it to say, the new additions, interface improvements, and added functions will be genuine game-changers for Dorico users.