Big News wednesday šŸ‘

Daniel has stated on the forum that this is the largest release since Dorico 1.

It could contain Mozartā€™s reanimated corpse, and Iā€™m sure someone will find something to be disappointed about.

6 Likes

Quotable quote from a fellow forum user:

> I donā€™t want them to fix every single middling request, just the ones I want.

5 Likes

Yes, that does seem to be becoming prevalent, ā€˜Dorico does everything brilliantly, apart from the one thing that I and 2 of my friends need it to do, so therefore itā€™s a terrible programā€¦ā€™

Iā€™ve been using Dorico in anger for just over 3 years now after many years of shouting at Sibelius and there are still many times where Dorico makes me smile at how simple something is to achieve. I canā€™t remember a single occasion where Sibelius made me smileā€¦ That, for me is more than enough. Especially since Dorico is only (oh so nearly, and Iā€™m way more excited than a 48 yr old should beā€¦) at v.4ā€¦

(My 2c)

P

3 Likes

ā€œA corpseā€? You men they couldnā€™t reanimate him?! Iā€™m disgruntled already! :confounded:
:laughing:

I hate you.

Just kiddingā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

And with good reason. But considering how beneficent @dspreadbury has been to us, it would be very underhanded of me to reveal secrets publicly and spoil the surprise.

1 Like

The good thing is that even those people who have seen the high-level feature list that we provided as part of the sales materials for our reseller partners still have plenty of (admittedly smaller) surprises in store.

9 Likes

What I wanted to say is that I actually loved you for not spoiling,ā€¦ :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

Stop it! Arenā€™t we excited enough already? :wink:

1 Like

I prefer my Mozart composing over decomposing.

2 Likes

Aggggggggg, stop, stop! I need to have a productive day people!!

Daniel has stated on the forum that this is the largest release since Dorico 1.

those people who have seen the high-level feature list that we provided as part of the sales materials for our reseller partners still have plenty of (admittedly smaller) surprises in store.

Yes, thanks for not spoiling. I saw something posted on another forum and skipped over it. I like the surprise and very much looking forward to seeing it unfold the way Team Dorico prefers.

1 Like

Please PM me with the link to the information you saw on another forum.

Admittedly, Sibeliusā€™s old manual made me smile from time to timeā€¦

4 Likes

1 Like

Danielā€™s Sibelius 2 manual was a thing of beauty - funny, well organized, and really informative!

2 Likes

IKR. Iā€™m just starting to use Dorico and Iā€™ll think to myself I should just be able to do with just a press of a button, Iā€™ll look it up on the Internet and it will be like woohoo, itā€™s easier than I thought.

Iā€™m switching from Finale, I tried Sibelius and I could never get the page to look how I wanted it without too much work. The workflow for composition is better in Sibelius but it never looks anthing like I want it to. The Engrave vs. Write modes are the best part for me.

Agreed. I still have it. Itā€™s what made me try it out.

Yes I remember the earlier incantations of the manual being pretty good - i remember having a paper one too!

I have to keep reminding myself that Sibelius was actually pretty ace in itā€™s time.