Big News wednesday šŸ‘

If you bought long before last summer but then activated between August 25 and September 20, then youā€™re in a kind of limbo state. Please send me an email with your order receipt to d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de and Iā€™ll take care of you.

Done! Email sended. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m wondering, for those who have been able to test the update already, if some of the common condensing bugs have been fixed in this patch. Can rest positions in condensed staves be manually altered finally? Or if condensing no longer breaks on staves where a single player has multiple instruments (ie. transposed horns, trumpets etc)?

Canā€™t wait to try some of the new features eventually. I am always nervous of big patches messing up layouts or formatting in older project files :slight_smile: Well deserved thanks to Daniel and the whole team!

Yea, noticed this. I bought during the sale when the grace period was offered, and there doesnā€™t seem to be a way to upgrade.

Blog post says you have a wait a week for AskNet or whatever to email something.

I like that they doubled the players in Elements and added some basic engrave features. That makes Dorico Elements extremely competitive against some of the cheaper offerings that didnā€™t have staff limitations.

If you bought during the End of Summer Sale, you will get an email from AskNet next week with your Dorico 4 Download Access Code. Sorry for the wait!

There are a number of condensing-related bug fixes in Dorico 4.0, but no significant new features for condensing, and unfortunately making the positions of rests editable is not something that we have been able to work on yet. We definitely do plan to do this soon.

3 Likes

@Sforzando, we think weā€™ve found and fixed the problem with your Dorico SE license. Could you please sign out of Steinberg Activation Manager, quit SAM, make sure that Dorico, the VST Audio Engine and the Steinberg License Engine processes have all exited, then run SAM again, sign in, and you should find that everything starts working. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Ummmā€¦

I am BLOWN AWAY after watching the list of videos outlining what is new in Dorico 4.

So many things that will help, so many things to learn. I donā€™t know what to say, except a huge congratulations to the Dorico team and the Dorico world.

4 Likes

JUMP BAR!!!

This is HUGE, so many of my other applications have this (Jetbrains, Blender, on and on), having it in Dorico is tremendous!

7 Likes

Curious, Play mode ā€œTurn on IRVā€ - not finding this in the videos yet, anybody?

IRV = a slightly awkward new acronym for independent voice playback. I guess it should be IVP really! But thatā€™s what it refers to.

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s worked! Hope there wonā€™t be many users facing this issue) Wondering, why has it occured? Thank you for your support and products. Testing timeā€¦

In the Play mode video, from 1:35 or so.

2 Likes

It was due to a slight server-side misconfiguration that has now been corrected. Anybody who activates Dorico SE 4 from now on will be fine.

1 Like

Is it me or did the Modern Orchestra template change? Now it uses the ā€œBig Timeā€ signature notation, where a time sig spans bars. I usually associate that with Hollywood but maybe itā€™s more a standard now.

Filtering in Galley is wonderful btw ā€¦

2 Likes

Woohoo!!! Insert stopper and Library manager !!!

2 Likes

And we can create project templates - yeah!!

Just curious, and corresponding updates to the iPad that can be mentioned?

1 Like

The Key Editor in Write Mode, now thatā€™s very goodā€¦!

The iPad version isnā€™t quite ready, but itā€™ll be along soon.

4 Likes

Really a lot here folks, great work! All the quality of life improvements are a huge deal.

On activation, I assume I can just go to a new computer, install, and activate, and itā€™ll all magically work ā€¦

1 Like