Big News wednesday šŸ‘

How do we modify a template? I created one, donā€™t see an option for modifying, and using the same name greys out the Save button. IIRC Nuendo just letā€™s you overwrite a template with a newer one for comparison.

You will find it in > Window > Hub > Create New

1 Like

Oh OK, have to remove it first then can resave, that will work too, thanks.

@dspreadbury Adding ā€œConcert/Transposed Pitchā€ toggle to the Jump bar would be useful

1 Like

Has it been mentioned already? I LOVE the crosshairs!

2 Likes

Wow wow wow - the Play editor changes are a huge time saver already. I have a score that needs humanization, but it was such a pain I left it for later. Already having the MIDI roll in Write mode lower zone, and the much easier changing played duration, not to mention the other features such as tuplet management is huge.

You folks are turning the most painful part of our jobs (humanization) into something at least tolerable, if not enjoyable :grinning:

One of the big things with humanizing is rubato tempo changes, looks like itā€™s not available in the lower zone?

@Lillie_Harris Is Play mode missing from the manual?

https://steinberg.help/dorico_pro/v4/en/index.html

Or maybe itā€™s just not at the top index? You can see the headers jump from Write to Engrave

Indeed, not yet. Editing the tempo track will come as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Play mode isnā€™t in the manual yet ā€“ see my earlier post about the manuals here. I briefly pinned it to the top of the forum, but as itā€™s not the most pressing thing today I let it drop back down for now. Iā€™ll maybe pop it up again later on.

2 Likes

How long can it take to fix my limbo? Sorry, I hate to bother too much, but anxiety kills me. :sweat_smile: Itā€™s not pressure, itā€™s just to get an idea. Thanks Daniel.

Just to clarify, it looks like you canā€™t edit the tempo track in Play mode at the moment, which I think is what youā€™re saying here? I was mentioning adding the tempo track to the lower zone, is that also on the TODO list? Not pressuring, just want to know.

Danielā€™s release notes blog post acknowledges that a few things like this were stripped away as they rewrote the program, but that they will be reinstated as soon as possible in one of the free ā€œdotā€ updates.

3 Likes

I have been in my chair since before 8am this morning in an endless cycle of forum, email, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube. Sorry! I will get to your email soon.

8 Likes

Yes, to both: you canā€™t edit it either in Play mode or in the lower zone Key Editor as yet, but that is where it will become editable, so it will be editable both in Play mode and in Write mode.

2 Likes

That is fantastic news!

Just a note that activating on a new computer (at least for me) is trivial. Just update the Download Manager which installed the activation manager, log into it and click the Activate button. Done. Dorico shows up in your list of products.

Seldom has a download/purchase/activation process been so straightforward and trouble-free!

6 Likes

candy store

1 Like

Well done, team! I couldnā€™t yet get the grip with the new update, since it was a busy day for me, but Iā€™m really eager to! When I was eating the videos Iā€™ve thought that this was the workflow updateā€¦ and then I saw the blog post. The workflow features are very well thought. Iā€™d like to highlight the Library manager. I thought many times how you were going to tackle with this, and itā€™s simply genius! Iā€™ve already used it to review a current score of mine, to check if I might want to change some settings.

Aside from those, I really appreciate being able to change the staff names to player names, and the fact that itā€™s in a per player basis. Iā€™ve already named my percussionists and Iā€™m going to change all the instrumentā€™s names to their original and rightful ones (No more ā€œPerc 1: Snare drumā€), which will save me many changes in instrument change labels.

Speaking of instrument change labels, I really appreciate to be able to have those after cues. That was something that consumed a lot of time in a former project, and I really appreciate to have that option.

Lastly, I havenā€™t gone in depth with the MIDI input wizard, but Iā€™ve seen itā€™s state of the art. Itā€™s very well thought of and is the pinnacle of your semantic approach to music. For the next film score engraving gig that I have I expect to make good use of it!

In sum, as always, thank you for the good work! Itā€™s a pleasure to belong to this community and to think that there are still people making software with their hearts, striving for quality and which makes our jobs more of a joy and less of a torture.

Long life to Dorico!

4 Likes

Thanks, Lucas. The whole team really poured their hearts and souls into this version. Iā€™m very pleased itā€™s appreciated.

9 Likes