Big Staff Section Header

I want to input section headers in a Latin Mass saying, “Osanna” “Et incarnatus” etc.
They need to appear (like Tempo markings) on every individual part, and at the top of the score, and above the strings in the score. But they have no playback function.
They need to be bigger than Tempo text. (Best at 15pt rel.)
I guess I have to do this in Paragraph Styles. But I don’t see any way there to make it appear only in the desired positions (top of score, parts, etc.)
Can anyone point me on how to do this?

Couldn’t those be flow titles (displayed as flow headings)? This is exactly how they behave…

1 Like

System-attached text will appear at system object positions, just like tempo marks, rehearsal marks etc. You can indeed use your paragraph style with the required font size, formatting etc in system-attached text items just the same as staff-attached text.

Dear Lillie
Thanks very much. That’s new to me. I never heard of system-attached text till now.
Is there any place to edit it (height above staff, etc.), or must that all be done in Engrave > Graphics?

You can change the default gap between all text items and the staff/other items in Engraving Options > Text (just like for dynamics, playing techniques etc).

To change which staves all system-attached items appear above in the score, that’s in Layout Options.

Thanks. I did go there, but there’s no special parameters for system-attached text.
No probs. Thank you for your help.
Wishing you a good evening. (I won’t be asking any more questions today.)

System attached text follows the same offsets for regular text, which is why Lillie pointed you to that area of engraving mode.

As for styling, you can create a new paragraph style that is exactly what you want it to look, and then when you create the special text, you can assign that paragraph style to it. The benefit to this is that if you decide you want to change the size/look, you only have to update the paragraph style, and then all instances that use that style will be updated automagically.

OK. Thanks, James. That’s great. Now I get it.
I should have seen that. Thanks for explaining.

1 Like