Big Upgrade AI New Laptop

Hi All , pretty much a newbie to Cubase , I have quite UR22 that came with AI 8 , but finally having got into it recently would like to upgrade and there seems a good deal on at the moment . However laptop I have is running Win 7 and pretty unstable so time to replace as well . Question is , How easy is it to upgrade existing AI to Artist 10Pro using a completely new laptop ? To be honest quite terrified of the prospect

cheers :wink:

Hi and welcome,

It’s totally simple. You have 2 options if you still have your old computer available:
1)

• Plug-in the new USB-eLicenser to the old computer (be aware you have to buy one for this upgrade, if you don’t own any).
  • Transfer your Cubase AI license to the USB-eLicenser.
  • Upgrade the license.
  • Your license is stored at the USB-eLicenser and you can plug it in to the new computer.
  • Install Cubase Artist or Pro to the new computer and you are ready to go.
  1. Which you can apply also if you don’t have the old computer available.
  • Reactivate your Cubase AI to the new computer.
  • Plug-in the new USB-eLicenser to the new computer (be aware you have to buy one for this upgrade, if you don’t own any).
  • Transfer your Cubase AI license to the USB-eLicenser.
  • Upgrade the license.
  • Install Cubase Artist or Pro to the new computer and you are ready to go.

Thanks Martin, I’m quite sure I only have soft e-license tho , no USB. AI came with the UR22 hardware and a download code. Finally new laptop arrived today so I guess I’m running out of time to take up the offer with Artist :frowning:

BR
David

Hi,

You definitely need an USB-eLicenser, if you are going to use Artist or Pro (they can’t work on Soft-eLicenser). Buy one separately.

As long as you purchase and receive your activation code before the offer expires you can activate it at any later time. Activation codes don’t expire, but the offer to purchase one at a discount does. Buy it now and wait for the USB-eLicenser to activate. No problem there. Depending on where you are located, you might be able to get it faster if you order it from a different dealer. Sweetwater, for example in the USA, sells them …

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SteinbergKey--steinberg-usb-elicenser-software-authorization-key

They also sell the software upgrades. You don’t need to purchase from the Steinberg shop (you can, of course - nothing wrong with that :slight_smile: ).