Bigger Hard Drive Needed

Hi all,

I have 3x750GB hard drives for:

Programs
Samples
Projects

My sample library hard drive is getting full and I would like to replace it with a 2 terabyte drive. I have limited tech knowledge so was wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction?

my Motherboards spec…http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55_LX/specifications/

Thanks

I guess I`m asking about compatibility issues, for example, could my motherboard use this?

Well you’ve got SATA connectors on your motherboard which is what all modern ‘regular’ harddrives use. It doesn’t actually say that the WD drive you picked on amazon is SATA but from the fact that it doesn’t say it’s something else I would guess that’ll work just fine.

According to pictures on that Amazon page

1. The drive indeed has SATA connection
    and
  2. The model number (in pictures) tells it’s a SATA drive:
    WD2003FZEX SATA 6 Gb/s 3.5 Inch 7200 2 TB 64 MB
    source: All Products: Shop Hard Drives, SSDs, USBs, & Memory Cards | Western Digital

In which case there should be no compatibility issues at all.

Does it matter that my motherboard has “SATA 3Gb/s ports” and the hard drive is “6Gb/s”?

That shouldn’t be an issue, as far as I know these interfaces are fully compatible and the harddrive will never reach 3GB/s transfer speeds anyway.

harddrives are backward compatible since introducing a new product and hoping that people will all adjust to the latest and finest tech specs is not very good marketing.
It happens sometimes when new connections are introduced, but you will allmost in any case find hybrid access in those cases imho.

kind regards,
R.