bit of a problem with 2 Cubase's? eh!!

Hi, I have a project that keeps on crashing during opening, end up having to force the computer to shut, when I do I’m told that it can’t close because…Cubase and Cubase pro are still open…it shows 2 Cubase symbols :confused:
that can’t be right…can it :question: :confused: :confused:

by the way, this never happened with this project in C7.5

thanks for any help…Kevin :slight_smile:

FREAKY!!!

I’ve had this happen with C7.5 once or twice but… :astonished: :open_mouth: :astonished: :open_mouth:

I can’t comment much (see below) on the “2 Cubases” thing but, it does sound like your project file may be corrupted and is causing the crash in the first place. I suggest that you look in the project folder and find a recent back up of the project .cpr file and try to open that one.

I do remember seeing other post(s) about several instances of Cubase being reported as open. Try searching for those.

Regards :sunglasses:

Are you dbl-clicking on the icon?

Or are you opening Cubase and then browsing to the folder where the project resides, and opening it from there?

If you are doing the latter, and after you select the cpr and click “open” a second version of Cubase launches, that might point to an issue with the operating system and not the project.

Cheer.

I’ve just finished uninstalling and re installing Cubase and the problem has gone…the project opens fine now…

thanks for your suggestions… :slight_smile: I may have done what you said and caused the problem…I dunno :confused:

only just got rid of a load of probs after installing the latest update…this was a bit weird and unexpected, hopefully it won’t happen again, I’ve come to realise the best thing to do is just uninstall everything and put it back again…seems to fix the problem… :slight_smile:

cheers, Kevin