I’ve hit some sort of undocumented limitation or bug within Halion 6. If I import a large bitmap (.PNG file) or create a multi-frame bitmap in Halion 6 that is too large (I do not know if it’s a dimension limitation or file size limitation as there is no documented limitation for bitmaps) it renders a blank image in Halion 6. This happens every time on Windows 10 64 bit. I thought it was a GUI issue but since the recent update didn’t fix the issue I’ve troubleshot it down to what I believe to be a size issue. I was unable to upload my test file here due to it being bigger than what can be uploaded so I have supplied a link here to my test file. I’ve also attached a screenshot to what happens when I add the file to the resources. In the picture you can see a blank picture has loaded within Halion even though the file does indeed have an image.
- Download my test file ( https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnhYfvhn4oMArtNN4flloVpfiUaGlw )
- Launch H6 (Hexagon preset loads)
- Click “Anima” in program tree
- Click “Create” tab to bring up macro designer
- Click “Resources” tab in macro designer section
- Drag my test file into resource tree
- Click the test file in resource tree
At that point nothing shows up.