Black Eye's Pea's perform the half-time Super Bowl

Well, I guess I am foiled again! Damn!!!

Troll.

+1

I think the same thing every time I hear Aretha Franklin sing.
{‘-’}

Aretha Franklin is a musical God. Amazing.

How’s that any different from a guitarist playing way too many notes? :mrgreen:

Yeah… I have all of Aretha’s 60’s records and a few of her 70’s and 80’s records, and she in no way can be considered an “over-singer” like the Mariah’s et al of today.

I give Mariah “credit” – I think she started that trend all on her own (or maybe picked it up from hearing various coloratura singers… but I doubt it)

Because there is no such thing as too many guitar notes. It is a law of physics. As you approach the speed of light, you will get 3 more notes per second per second.

Well to be honest I agree with you on all counts. Solos should work along the melody. Singers should sing the melody. Anything else is practicing scales. Which is annoying. One of the great things about old prog bands and rock riffers is that the transition into and out of the solo sections was seamless. Now the solo sections are cut outs that could be drag&dropped into any song. Look mom, I can sweep a Lydian arpeggio!

ROLLING STONE says:
• Rob Sheffield: The Black Eyed Peas Put on the Ghastliest Half-Time Show in Sports History

guess it’s official then :astonished:

Mariah Carey ( who now has only once facial expression due to too much surgery ) didn’t start out with the incessant tuneless warbling. Her first Album, which I bought, is great.

Yes – quite true! I have that album, too, and she sings pretty “straight” at least compared to later records. Actually, I admit I have a couple of her later records, too, but even on those the “warbling” is minimal, as if her producer urged her to tone it down. It’s in the live setting where she has no restraints that it seems she goes off the deep end

This is reassuring too:
569 likes, 1,402 dislikes
The world isn’t completely crazy.

Not completely, but 569 are … and that’s more than 25%.

I though she was worse than the black eyed peas. She really sucked.

Cant anyone just freakin sing anymore.

BTW, welcome back mm !

Look at this. There is such a thing as a flamingo guitar.
m_2f9671769c55489e8e331e6ff0805898.jpg

don’t know , but it shure as hell isn’t me:!: :unamused: :smiley:

Oh Maaaaaaaan …

When you guys said “Warbling” and “Irritating” … well

I’ve never really listened to her, so I decided to check her out.

Oh Maaaaan … you were not exaggerating.

That was Wrong.

I sit bareheaded and ashamed on y’all’s behalfs.

Give me Leslie Nielsen any day.

By the way … that high note she sang … do you reckon the found the highest note she could sing on the day, then work backward to decide what key she’d do it? Aw forget it. I don’t want more flashbacks.

Haha, lmao at the guy on the vid (1.31)

I reckon he was thinking ‘jeez woman, sing the song already, I really need to pee!’ :laughing:

It wasn’t pleasant. The Crusaders and war planes were far more disturbing though.

wow! talk about being white :laughing: so much baby powder on her face its lucky that red lipstick marks where the hole is

ooer missus!