Blacklist problem

I cannot delete the blacklist xml. file in windows 10 file explorer…I changed permissions in properties hoping it would work because is kept coming back every time I reloaded cubaseAl8…and when I did that(changed permissions) it will not allow me to delete the blacklist.xml…The problem is that when I load cubaseal8 the plugin manager doesn’t recognize groove agentse5…I can get groove agentse5 to show up when going into the loop browser and picking certain loops that use groove agentse5…the groove agent se5 dll. file is in a Steinberg folder and I have manually scanned it in the plugin manager but it doesn’t work.Any suggestions?
ADDITION;
When I reinstalled cubasele8 it worked 3 times and then a warning that I had no “sampler track” license and to retry…I retried and nothing happened and then I cancelled and after that the cubasele8 closes on its own. . It keeps doing that…any help?

Hi,

Groove Agent SE 5 cannot be run with Cubase AI 8. With Cubase 8 you have to use an older Groove Agent 4.

Do I have to have a license for groove agent5?
ADDITION
I still cannot load cubaseal8 because of something called “sampler track”…I tried deleting the sampler track file in the Steinberg folder but every time I try to load cubaseal8 it shows right back up in the Steinberg folder and somehow closes cubaseai8 when I click on “no license for sampler track” (retry or cancel) warning.

Hi,

Groove Agent SE 5 license is part of Cubase 10 license. Same as Sampler Track is part of Cubase 10. Did you use Cubase 10 Trial? It’s linked with this one, right?

Yes I used cubase 10 trial and then uninstalled it…why is sampler track causing a problem? I tried reactivating it in the blacklist in my cubaseai10 but it won’t reactivate…like I said before I had cubaseal8 working about three times and then the "no valid license for sampler track " started showing up and crashing or causing cubaseai8 to close…

Do you try to open a project which has been created in Cubase 10 (with Sampler Track)?

In my cubaseal10 it has been blacklisted and will not reactivate…the"no valid license for sampler track" appears and cascades dozens of times and then crashes when I try to reactivate it in plugin manager in cubaseai10.
ADDITION:
I don’t think there’s a “sampler track” with cubaseai10…I looked everywhere for it and it’s only in the plugin manager blacklist and won’t reactivate…

Hi,

Then just simply don’t try to activate the Sampler Track in Cubase AI 10, if the Sampler Track is not part of Cubase AI 10.

The idea is to forget about cubaseai10 or le10 and remember that I was just trying to get the warning “no valid sampler track license” and the crash in cubaseai8
that it causesto stop doing that…sampler track doesn’t have anything to do with cubaseai8, so why is it asking and crashing in cubaseai8? I have to find out a way, hopefully from this forum, how to fix this…

When does this message appear? Do you load/open a project (made in Cubase AI 10) in Cubase AI 8? Or does it appear while start Cubase AI 8?

When I start cubaseai8 or as administrator or from a project from a file or shortcut from the desktop…it doesn’t matter where I try to start cubaseai8, the warning appears and no matter how I dismiss it, it closes the whole cubaseai8 program, not the computer…there’s nothing wrong with the cubaseai10 that I have…I think a Steinberg Ur22mkll purchase gave that as a free download…

I contacted Steinberg(ticket email) and they said put an x before the folder name of any version of the cubase daw that I have. It somehow starts new preferences and that fixed everything…thanks

Hi,

OK, so you trashed your Cubase preferences. Good to know.

Here’s what they sent me…
Initializing preferences

Corrupted program preference files can bring your Steinberg program into all kinds of troubles, particularly after installing an update.
Fortunately, refreshing the preferences is quite easy:

Close all programs.
Open the ‘Run’ command prompt by pressing the Windows logo key and R on the keyboard simultaneously. The Windows key is located between the keys Ctrl and alt.
(To open the command prompt on Windows XP select ‘Run’ from the Start menu.)
In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example ‘Cubase 8.5’.
Rename it (for example, from ‘Cubase 8.5’ to ‘xCubase 8.5’) in order to hide it from your Steinberg software. The folder will only be hidden safely, if the change will be done before the original folder name.
If you find folders of previous versions of your program, make sure to hide or remove them, too.
Next time you start your Steinberg program it will create a new folder with fresh preferences and default settings - which hopefully fixes the problem you’ve experienced.

Yes I used cubase 10 trial and then uninstalled it…why is sampler track causing a problem? I tried reactivating it in the blacklist in my cubaseai10 but it won’t reactivate…like I said before I had cubaseal8 working about three times and then the "no valid license for sampler track " started showing up and crashing or causing cubaseai8 to close…

Yes the link is almost a double post…but I was trying to reach multiple people for better luck …lol…