Blank uke tab for fingering?

Newbie here. This is a ukulele transcription for my son. He’s wanting to figure out the fingerings by writing them in. Is there a way to hide the numbers in the tab so he can write them in manually?

A dirty method would be to set Library > Font Styles > Tablature Numbers Font to a font that doesn’t have any number or question mark glyphs. It should be pretty quick, as long as you know someone who makes fonts :rofl:

3 Likes

Could you create two Ukuleles and set the 1st to Notation only and the 2nd to Tab only?

3 Likes

Another dirty brute force kinda method i use when i’m in a hurry is to export to pdf and open in affinity designer and select the last fingering at the bottom of the page and do “delete” until the first fingering
result:
UKU

There’s an Engraving Option for erasing (or not erasing) background behind fret numbers. You might get a cleaner result if you turn it off.

To elaborate on the earlier reply by @Janus - one potential nuisance is that the whole-bar rests in the TAB notation might not be easily hidden/removed. If that problem can be overcome, his suggestion is one that I would adopt if I found myself in the same situation as described by @dan_kreider.

Thanks everyone, a couple good options here.