In addition to this thread Unwanted pink highlighting I’ve found some strange blue highlighted zones in my score:
At first glance I thought it might have something to do with cues, and indeed; When I deactivate “Stichnoten hervorheben” (probably something like “Highlight cues” in English), all blue and yellow boxes disappear.
But while the blue box in the Bass Clarinet is the source for the yellow cue in the Baritone, the yellow cues in the Flügelhorn don’t have their source region (Horn) highlighted. Instead, there are overlapping blue boxes in the Piccolo staff.
Something weird is going on here
One thing I can say though: I opened the project in Dorico 3.5, and it is exactly the same. So it’s not new in V4.
I think I have found the pattern.
- When the source region of a cue is on a staff that is a “singular” instrument or player (no condensing), then the source region gets correctly colored in blue.
- When the source region of a cue is on a condensing staff, then the source region does not geht colored correctly, but instead the topmost staff (here: piccolo) gets colored instead.
I have a project here that shows this pattern in many variations, but it’s always the same result.
Here you find a minimal example Dorico file that shows the bug:
Cue Box Bug.dorico (483.3 KB)
- The flute staff is completely empty.
- There are some notes in clarinet 1 and 2, condensed to clarinet 1+2
- The saxophone staff has some notes, no condensing here
- The trumpt staff holds the cues from saxophone, clarinet 1 and clarinet 2
- Buggy result: The blue box in bar 1 (saxophone) is correct, both boxes for cues from clarinet 1 and 2 are incorrectly painted in the flute staff.
I hope this helps.
(And I swear this is the last post of me talking to myself only )
I have been reading with interest, but have no insight. Good sleuthing, from which I’m sure the Team will benefit.
All useful information! Thanks for posting. I will have to explore the cue system more deeply.
Unless I am very much mistaken, we have in fact already fixed this problem in our development builds, and the fix will find its way into the first maintenance update for Dorico 4. (This same behaviour exists in Dorico 3.5 as well, by the way.)
That’s great to hear, Daniel
Thanks for all your work!