Blue scree of death when closing Cubase

Win7/64 bits. Either version 32 and 64 are randomly causing blue screen and computer dumps the memory and so on during the blue scree of death. I work normally on the project, close the project, and then when closing Cubase this happens. I tried using fix version 8.0.5 but the symptoms are still the same. Any known issue or similar behavior out there?
Minidump.7z (85.4 KB)

Hello,

BSODs are usually caused by hardware or drivers. Given it happens when closing the application, it is likely a driver (Cubase sends quit messages to all drivers involved when quitting).

The Blue Screen usually tells you exactly which driver failed or at least the kind of error (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED AREA, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION).

We can analyse the dumps saved by Windows upon crashing, they are saved in C:\Windows\minidump.

Best,

Thank you Mr. Bartolini, how should I forward the dumps (so far I’ve got 9 of them) to Steinberg?

You’ve got PM.

Kind regards,

Hello Fabio,

It didn’t go quite as good as I expected. I tried to find evey update possible with M-Audio for Profire 2626 and all motherboard related updates are also through. Today BSOD popped up again when closing Cubase 8 32bit.
I run in the following system:
Windows7 Ultimate 64 bits vers 6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601.
i7-4820K CPU
ASUS motherboard P9X79LE.

Cubase 6 (both 32bit and 64 bit) never presented that reaction. And I’m using it over 2years now and still the solution to run to after BSOD. So I think indeed the issue is related to CB8 integration with my system.

This is quite late andrerudge, but I’m running Cubase 6.5 64 bit or 32 bit with Win 7 Pro 64 bit, M-Audio Profire 2626 and I am occasionally getting BSOD with memory dump on quitting Cubase. This is a real pain when it happens as it appears to blow-out the M-Audio Profire 2626 ASIO driver that requires a complete power shutdown of the Profire and then starting Cubase again and then invoking the Profire 2626 driver within Cubase. Fortunately, this problem does not often occur, but still often enough that it is a real headache. I have installed all of the most recent driver updates for the Profire, Windows and Cubase, but the problem persists. Wish someone with Steinberg could help solve this problem. I see that people running Cubase 8 are experiencing the same problem.

Hello,

sorry, this went under the radar.

I’m afraid this is not something Steinberg can solve - a device driver that crashes to BSOD can only be solved by the device manufacturer.

With Cubase 8.0.30 it’s less frequent than others. I could find some useful tips but it’s much more to an empirical approach:
Hint 1) If you need to change the M-Audio settings (sample rate, etc) than you should exit Cubase, do the settings and launch once again. It doesn’t mean that if it’s done with Cubase open it shall mandatory crash, but it reduces chances.
Hint 2) If you open an older Cubase project version than save it as a new project in the actual version of Cubase that you are working on. That also minimizes crash chances.

Hello,

i had the same problem a few years back with Cubase 6 32bit on Win7 64bit and also a M-Audio Interface. I had bluescreens of death like crazy whenever i shut down Cubase. After month of research about this Error (well this particular error you also have can have many different reasons) turned out to be the M-Audio Driver didn’t like to work in 32bit on 64bit OS. I realised this when i also had this same issue in Studio One wich i bought out of desperation because the problem coudn’t be solved. Whenever the driver was released there was an almost 100% chance of a bluescreen.

I finally did use the debugging tool from the win dev kit. The outcome was almost the same. M-Audio driver is the culprit.

Did you install the 64bit Version of cubase?. If not try this out if this solves the bluescreens.
I know this might not be the best solution as you still might use some of the 32bit plugins wich are yet not available in 64bit.

Since i completely switched to 64bit Cubase i never had a bluescreen again

greetings