Bluetooth headphones not working

You’re welcome. And so we know that the WH-CH700N is working with Dorico, we just now need to nudge also Lucas in the same direction :wink:

After some more testing, I have discovered an odd behavior – it appears to have nothing to do with the checkbox. Here’s the process I’ve repeated.

1. Connect headphones and disable speakers.
    2…Start Dorico and change sample rate to 44.1. It will not allow you to select a stereo output device (the field is blank).
  2. Restart Dorico. The sound option is now locked to the headphones, and you cannot change the sample rate back.
  3. When you are done using Dorico/headphones, reenable speakers.

Here’s the weird bit though.

If you reenable the speakers and restart Dorico, you can change to 48k, but then it will lock that in to the speakers after you restart, and you can’t change it back unless you disable them. The bottom line is that there seems to be an odd behavior of the sample rate only changeable when there is only one option, but when you restart it, or when you have multiple options, you can’t change it, then.

The good news is that we’ve found a fix, the bad news is that it’s not intended to work this way, I don’t think.

I don’t know why you disable the speakers. For what purpose? It shall also work with enable speakers. Or where and how do you disable speakers?
Second, when using the Generic Low Latency driver, in the Device Setup dialog is always only 1 pair of stereo ports shown as output. If you want to change the output ports, you have to do that in the Device Control Panel.

Or I am not quiet understanding what you are writing.

I disabled the speakers at first in Windows audio settings just to see if that would do anything, since that was the only audio setting I hadn’t changed yet. And that still seems to be the only way that will allow Device Setup to change the sample rate, so I can change the audio output in Device Control Panel. Even then, I still have to restart Dorico for Device Setup to recognize the output. I then cannot change back to the speakers until I disconnect the headphones, enable the speakers, change the sample rate, and restart Dorico. See screenshots attached. I’ll have to double post to get all the files attached, sorry.
1. Can't Change Sample Rate.png

3. Can change sample rate now (after Dorico Restart).png

Here’s the other screenshot.
4. Restart again for Dorico to recognize headphones.png

I can reproduce that what you are describing where there is a choice of multiple sample rates but no outputs shown in the Device Setup dialog. But when I then simply restart Dorico, the speakers (or whatever is currently selected in the Device Control Panel) will appear again. No need to disable anything.

Ulf, this happened to me after about an hour of testing settings and now it works every time with the process you described, without the disabling process, and it all works as normal.

Problem solved for good, I think, now.

Thanks for all your help!