I recently started to run through old archived concert recordings to purge out unused files and freeze those offline processing actions which I consider “safe” to merge with the original. However, I want to remove some of the processing, mostly stuff done with the Studio EQ, and use the EQ on the track instead. Better safe than sorry…
All processing was originally done directly on the files in the pool, and so is also the freezing/removing now.
I keep getting strange results, if I try to deactivate an action, the related audio events go blank in the project window, if I try to remove the action, all related events are removed entirely from the project.
If I then drag the file back in to the project window from the pool, I get an event with zero length.
Freezing the edits works normally, strangely enough.
After some testing I found the culprit, reversal of offline processing is broken if the project (folder) has been moved.
- Create a new project in a new folder
- Create an audio track and record something onto it
- Open the pool, right click the track, choose “Process” and then “Gain”. Enter any value.
- Close the project and move the project folder to a new location
- Open the project again from that location and try to deactivate or remove the processing from the pool (right click the audio, choose “Audio” then “Offline Process History”)
- Should give the results described above
This does not happen with projects saved to a new location using the “Back up Project” operation from the file menu, however, I have hundreds of old project folders that have been moved and renamed manually in explorer over the years so a bug fix would be greatly appreciated.
The problem is present in C7 and C8, but not in C6.
Anyone else up for confirming?