[BON-16946]Disable/Enable tracks still have some problems

Although some of the problems with disabling tracks have certainly been fixed with V8.5.20, it would seem that some issues still remain.

Here is a short test case:

1. Create a new empty project
  2. Add an instrument track with an instance of HALion Sonic SE (Track 1)
  3. Add a MIDI track connected to the same instance (Track 2)
  4. With track 2 selected, note that hitting the ‘Edit Instrument’ icon in the inspector opens the instance of HALion
  5. Disable Track 1
  6. Add an instrument track with an instance of HALIon Sonic SE (Track 3)
  7. Enable Track 1.
  8. Error - Select Tracl 2. hit the ‘Edit Instrument’ icon, but no instrument opens.

And a longer test case, but I think this probably stems from the same issue:

1. Create a new empty project
  2. Add an instrument track with an instance of HALion Sonic SE (Track 1)
  3. Add a MIDI track connected to the same instance (Track 2)
  4. With track 2 selected, note that hitting the ‘Edit Instrument’ icon in the inspector opens the instance of HALion
  5. Disable Track 1
  6. Save project, close, reopen (Hit cancel or OK at Missing Ports dialog when opening)
  7. Add an instrument track with an instance of HALIon Sonic SE (Track 3)
  8. Add a MIDI track connected to the HALion instance (Track 4)
  9. Disable Track 3
  10. Save project, close, reopen (Hit cancel or OK at Missing Ports dialog when opening)
  11. Enable Track 3 and Track 1
  12. Error - Track 2 and Track 4 Output routing now both say ‘01 HALion Sonic SE’.
  13. Error - Clicking the ‘Edit Instrument’ icon with either MIDI track selected will not now open either instrument.

For the record, I have run these tests after trashing preferences first, but it makes no difference.

Thanks, Ian

I want to add to this. Under certain conditions, Cubase is still forgetting the MIDI assignments when re-enabling the track (the port section comes up as “Not Connected.”

Step to reproduce:

1. Disable track.
  2. Duplicate the disabled track. (i.e. you should now have 2 disabled tracks with the same content).
  3. Re-enable the duplicated track and the original track – BOTH will now come up as “Not Connected” in the MIDI section after you re-enable them.

Something about duplicating the track causes both the original and the copy to lose their MIDI connection.

Test system: Cubase 8.5.20 + Windows 10