[BON-18357] Option to disable new 8.5 window edge pop ups

+2

+1

+1 (times a million zillion)

+1 At least give us the choice to disable.

Exactly!

This “new shiny” feature is driving me nuts!
Worst of all, this annoying popup stays open forcing one to click somwhere in the UI to make it go away!
If someone actually finds this feature helpful, at least there shoud be an option to disable it.

Picture 1: This is Cubase sx 2. It has a ONE click to show info, overview or inspector view. Fast, easy and the way it should be.
Picture 1.jpg
Then, fast forward, introduced in cubase 4 or 5, we got this (picture 2): one click to activate view settings, then select what you want/dont want to see, then de-select the view settings.
picture 2.png
And now we got the new: hover on the side to click and select then de-click again. (with many accidently clicks when trying to scroll.)

I know which one I prefer, and its not the click click click, or hover click click! :wink:

Feature request from me would be to put back the sx buttons back on the project window with the new view options added, one location, one click.

Maybe that follows a trend in UI design, like in Mediabay. Some windows in Win 10 can be closed simply by clicking outside of them; on Android tablets tapping outside a dialog dismisses it. Personally I don’t think that makes sense here- I would like to be able to turn the pop-outs off completely, but in any case, imo they should disappear on their own when the mouse cursor moves off them.

+1 for edge pop up disable/remove.

I rarely see this much agreement on any topic on the internet ^^
Has there been a single mention of somebody liking the pop-up “feature”? :slight_smile:

I’m getting more and more despondent about Cubase’s development. Overwhelming support to remove (either permanently or by option) a silly new feature that shouldn’t have been put there in the first place. After 2 months, not a single response from Steinberg.

Someone remind me - why are we all here?

I know the pressures that developers are under, but I also am dismayed that we haven’t had a single official response. It would take a few moments to let us know that this has at least been noted. Come on, chaps, we are your customers and supporters here - not the enemy!

Agreed. It’s an annoying feature. I would turn them off if I had the option to do so.

The patronizing pop up
Could be a new song title, sorry I’m slowly going mad.

Is there really no way to turn this off?
It’s driving me mad!

Unfortunately there really is no way!

Like REALLY no way?
Why was it even included!
I’ll get on to the FBI and they can issue a demand for Sternberg to reengineer Cubase!

Please allow us to disable the hover control “feature”!!! It’s driving me mad…

+1 for what it is worth.

I see the use of them, but they’re appearing and interjecting with my usual workflow way too often.

Keep the feature - just make it optional.

From what I’m seeing/hearing nobody wants them, so the option will always be turned off. At that point they may as well just get rid of the feature - and good riddance IMHO!

The new update 8.5.15…

did not add an option AGAIN.

FU