Border thickness

I’ve got a Paragraph Style “Instrument Change Label”.

There’s another thread about the border property not working but my observation is that the border is thicker in the score vs part and that the thickness property doesn’t work. I create the text by Shift-X and then change the style in the menu before I type.

Is this correct at the moment or is there something fishy going on?

Would you mind creating a minimal project that reproduces the problem and attaching that here? It’s much easier for us to investigate and diagnose specific problems if you provide a project file rather than a picture. It should be sufficient to e.g. delete all bars and all instruments but one in a copy of your present project and attach it here – it won’t take you long, I hope.

Sorry Daniel. Here you go:
Test.dorico (1.1 MB)

Sorry for the extremely long delay in coming back to this thread!

I don’t think there’s anything untoward going on here, though the current behaviour is perhaps unhelpful: the full score layout has a pretty small staff size, while the part layout has a larger staff size. The border defined in the paragraph style is defined with a fixed thickness, and it doesn’t scale according to the staff size. So it looks thicker relative to a smaller staff size where the text itself is smaller.

We should probably change this, though of course it risks changing the appearance of existing projects. I’ll definitely think about it.

1 Like

All good, I know you’re busy.

I thought as much. It would be great for the border to be scaled so that it doesn’t look so chunky in the Full Score.

Thanks for getting back to me.

[EDIT]
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I changed the page size to A3 and doubled the space size and it’s all good now. I’m not sure why I had the score set to A4…