Both Cubase 12 and 13 (Mac) immediately crashing

Hi,
After receiving my download code for Cubase Elements 13 (as an update from Elements 8) , the Steinberg Download Assistant downloaded two versions - Cubase 12 (12.0.70) and 13 (13.0.10.) I’m unable to launch either version, both 12 and 13 crash immediately after launch. I have freshly updated to MacOS Sonoma 14.1, the computer is a mid-2018 MacBook Pro .
I’ve appended crash log files.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cubase LE AI Elements 13-2023-11-03-204332.ips (42.4 KB)
Cubase LE AI Elements 13-2023-11-03-204351.ips (42.5 KB)

Hi and welcome to the forum,

The crashes are not in Cubase. Both of the are in the very old HALion Sonic SE 2.0.3.94, which you have installed.

Remove the HAlion Sonic SE component from the follwoing path, please:
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components/HALion Sonic SE

1 Like

Thank you very much. Perhaps, I should have uninstalled Cubase 8 before installing the new ones. Which I was kind of worried about, as it was an “upgrade”.
Anyway, both 12 and 13 appear to be running smoothly so far, thank you for your quick input.

1 Like

i am crashing. alot seems when i try to use the search track function and select an instrument i’m crashing… any help? this just started happening. I uninstalle the Plugin alliance bundle i just installed and still happening. also happened still when i started cubase without any third party plugs
Cubase 13-2023-12-16-133236.ips (322.7 KB)

CB 13.20 on mac monterey
Cubase 13-2023-12-16-133236.ips (322.7 KB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

I’m having the same problem It just started happening in the past week. I’ve tried deleting user prefs but no luck.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Attach the *.dmp file, please.

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the welcome. Glad to be here. I’m having trouble finding a .dmp file. but I am finding a .ips file. Does that work? It’s attached.
Cubase 13-2024-03-18-115039.ips (666.1 KB)

Hi,

Yes, this is the “*.dmp” file on Mac.

Do I understand you correctly, your Cubse didn’t crash in the past and it started to crash? Do you know, what has changed? Is it always reproducible?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help.

Only recently did the search and select instrument begin crashing Cubase. I’ve been having ongoing problems with disabling tracks causing Cubase to crash. Especially if try to disable more than 2 or 3 at a time.

Hi,

Once the crash happens, make a short description what you did and attach the relevant *.ips file, please.

I will have a look into it and report to Steinberg, if it would be on Steinberg’s side.

Ok, crash just happened. I tried searching for a track. When i selected a track in the search dialogue, Cubase crashed.
Cubase 13-2024-03-19-170440.ips (967.7 KB)

Hi,