Both Instruments shown for single player after instrument change

Hello all,

I have an interesting problem. I’ve searched the forum but can’t find anything that seems to resemble the issue (apologies if it was just my search wording and this has been answered already).

In this score Flute 2 is doubling piccolo and oboe 2 is doubling english horn. On the page in the screenshot each of the players stops playing the doubled instrument (see picture below; from Eng. Horn to Ob. 2 and from Piccolo to Fl. 2). However, Dorico is including both staves for the single player on the score, even though neither one is playing anything else on that page. These instruments are held by a single player and I’ve checked that nothing is hidden in the Ob. 2 or Fl. 2 staves.

I did notice that the markings “to ob.” and “to fl.” are appearing on the flute and oboe staves rather than the stave for the doublings, where I’d usually expect to see them.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 12.08.46 PM

Switch to Page View

Hello, I am in page view already.

I think we need a Dorico file in order to diagnose this.

Thanks, but I actually just solved it! I had the box ticked for “extend extra staves across full system when starting and stopping” under ossias and extra staves in Layout Options.