Bought Steinberg's Colliding Worlds - where is it?

I recently bought Steinberg’s Colliding Worlds to expand my Groove Agent Sounds…

I downloaded it and ran the Installer and gave it my activation code and it said it installed it successfully, and it put it in
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\VST Sound
I restarted Cubase but I don’t see it in Groove Agent. Where is it in Groove Agent?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Double check the path in the Steinberg Library Manager, please.

I don’t see it there . . .

Are you sure it’s installed , you have to download first , then click again to install once it’s downloaded in the download manager

I ran the Steinberg_Download_Assistant_1.23.1_Installer_win.exe . It took my activation code and said it successfully activated it. I’m not the one that put in the path in my OP; it did.

I tried running Steinberg_Download_Assistant_1.23.1_Installer_win.exe again and this time it said (correctly) that the Activation code has already been used.

So it’s clearly downloaded; and it’s been installed because the installer put it in C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\VST Sound , and in that folder it put 31 .vstsound files, and it’s apparently activated because it says the activation code has now been used.

So what else is there?

I rebooted my whole PC - no change. I then right-clicked on FCP_SMT_735_GA_Colliding_Worlds_SP.vstsound , at the path in my OP and one of the popup menu options was “Open in Steinberg Library Manager”. So I did that and got this:

Still no progress on this problem . . .

I looked in the folder where Groove Agent’s .vstsound files are stored and I see this…

… I’ve highlighted the Colliding World’s one, and I’ve also highlighted the “Laser Beams” one because it’s the only one I recognize from this page that you get from clicking “All Instrument Sets”. . .

… so what exactly IS the relationship between what’s in that folder and what you see in “All Instrument Sets”? I see some things in “All Instrument Sets” that I don’t see in the folder, e.g., “Allen Morgan Signature Drums” and I see stuff in the folder that I don’t see in “All Instrument Sets”. And everything in the folder, including “Colliding Worlds” produces the “already registered” message if I try to open it in the Steinberg Library Manager.

Can anyone here explain how this works? Thanks in advance.

I think you downloaded and activated it, but it missed the install step…
just double click the file and follow the instructions

If I missed the install step then how did the .vstsound file for it end up in that folder? The installer itself just goes to my PC’s default Download folder.

just double click the file and follow the instructions

Double-click the Installer? As I said yesterday, it won’t let me run the Installer again because when it asks for the activation code it and I supply it, it says the activation code has already been used.

Also, why do I get a message saying that Colliding Worlds is already registered when I try to open its .vstsound file in the Steinberg Library Manager as Martin.Jirsak suggested?

NO. The vstsound file
that should make it available in GA

did you tried to click on the tiny red triangle in Library Manager? Maybe it indicates a problem?

NO. The vstsound file
thats what we saying all the time…

Nope - double-clicking on that just gives me the screen I got yesterday when trying to open it in the Steinberg Library Manager . . .

did you tried to click on the tiny red triangle in Library Manager? Maybe it indicates a problem?

That’s been there from when I first got Cubase - it wants me to unregister a missing library, and the file it refers to is Google/Chrome/Applications/Chrome_proxy.exe. There’s nothing new there from when I installed Colliding Worlds.

So the FCP_SMT_735_GA_Colliding_Worlds_SP.vstsound got installed in the same directory as the other .vstsound files, and it says it’s “registered”. So what else is there? Is there something I have to click on in Groove Agent to reveal it other than “All Instrument Sets”?

maybe Collidig worlds installs in a different package as add on…

I was wondering about that, which is why I was asking about what the relationship is between the kits it shows in that window and the .vstsounds files in that folder. Because they don’t match 1:1.

Do we have any Groove Agent gurus here - when you buy a new library does it just sprinkle into existing packages? Colliding Worlds is mostly Ethnic and Indigenous drums but there’s nothing new in my World/Ethnic style category. Maybe the Colliding Worlds kits are already in Groove Agent somewhere. But how would I tell?

Wich GA do you own?

The default one for Cubase 11 Pro - SE5.

maybe @Ed_Doll or @Martin.Jirsak can forward the topic to one of the guys from the team…

I’m out of ideas…

Thank you. What’s the normal channel for opening a tech support ticket when you buy a Steinberg product?

in your My.Steinberg account there is a support section…

Did you download Colliding Worlds for GA4 or GA5?

I have it installed and it shows like this in Library manager: