Bounce format?

How come when bounce stereo a certain stereo track, it always bounces to mono file. It’s stereo, no plugins, goes to stereo out - and I think these things shouldn’t affect anyway? Elastique Pitch shifting here and there and edits, Xfades, etc. File is stereo, sounds and looks like it but bounces to mono? Any solution?

And it is sitting in a stereo track, too?
Then it is rather strange…

You haven’t checked mono export? Look at your routing on the inserts page (open the channel edit window, right-click and choose to show insert routing).

Yes, it’s on a stereo track and behaves stereo as intended, no panning used. It was recorded with a mono signal on the side, but it’s on a separate track. Both tracks go through separate group which is stereo, but I also tried out bouncing only the stereo track going through stereo out. Same thing, it always renders as mono file. On mixdown page there’s no mono export box checked but I guess this shouldn’t affect on this anyway?

Weirdest thing - I finally cracked it, but it must be a bug of some kind. To keep bounces in sync, I made a dummy region at project start from one of the takes from the same track and changed volume to -60db. Just on a hunch I replaced this region with another region taken from a mono track (!) and now it rendered fine! Weiiirdd…

LOL…
Great you figured it out!
Every day there is something new and strange…

Wouldn’t it be easier to set a marker to define the starting point for all bounces?

Big K

I was under the impression that unless there’s something at the start of the track, Bounce will render starting on first region and then it won’t be in sync when taken to another program. I could be wrong though, but this is how I’ve always done it…