Bounce Functions Changed since Nuendo 5.5

I should be using the term part here since that’s what the pencil tool creates. You can use the pencil tool to create a blank part on an audio track. If you want an audio event containing silence that’s another matter.

Ok, but so using the pencil tool I can create a part that has empty space in it, and from there get to a bounced audio file that has that same space, correct?

Incorrect. That is what has changed. When you think about it it is a logical change e.g. you can’t “bounce” something that doesn’t exist, and one I would imagine it has been done to improve scalability in future versions.

What Nuendo now needs is the ability to process a blank range with a plug-in to create a new audio event so you can create something from nothing e.g. using the signal generator to generate silence across a given range.

Ok, so how does what you say solve his problem if what he wants to do is include “nothing” into a new audio file?

Ultimately you’re trying to get from point A->B in as little time as possible. One great thing about Nuendo is there are many ways of reaching the same destination. From looking at the original poster’s problem I could suggest a few different methods which would probably be faster but it all depends on what the original poster is trying to achieve. I’d need more information in context before I would be confident of a faster solution.