Bounce In Place is possible in C7 New [Video]

thanks for that,
I’ve been checking this forum every now and again, but didn’t come across this one before. I will definitely check this out. It sounds like a real time-saver.

And here is a simple situation where that won’t work without taking additional steps…
I have multiple midi tracks all using the same 3rd party VSTI, say EW play. A violin track, a viola track, and a cello track. The VSTI audio is only coming out of one “audio” track (this immediately discounts the export audio track selection option) which is whatever audio track PLAY is using. I would have to solo the violin midi track, bounce it to audio, then solo the viola midi track, bounce it to audio, then solo the cello midi track and bounce it to audio. After which I would have to rename each track individually or rename them while bouncing as well as move them to the proper place in my project. And in the end set my export audio settings back to what I normally use them for which is printing my mixdown or stems. Now compound that with how many instruments you would REALLY use in a full orchestration and you will see how the above simplistic solution just falls apart. While it “works”, it’s extremely time consuming and could be eliminated with the addition of the following.

With a TRUE bounce in place feature, I could just right click said track, or better yet a group of tracks ( or hit whichever hotkey was assigned ) and click bounce… bam… it would produce an audio track for each midi track using only the instrument audio represented on that individual midi track and any effects or routing applied, place it below the given midi track and name it the same as the corresponding midi track… or maybe with an appended (audio) on the end of the name… all at once. Do you understand how much this would speed up the workflow? Especially when you consider that it’s just good etiquette to render all your midi tracks to audio stems at the end of a project anyway in case you want to go back and remix the project years from now and you don’t have the same software VSTI’s handy.

This is a no brainer feature that needs to be added at some point, and while I love macro’s, and the ones provided in this post are great workarounds for SOME situations, this is still functionality I and others would have loved to see in the past, or for that matter, would love to see implemented in a future version. I think the results of the current poll show that pretty plainly.

On mac you need to put the preset files in ~/Library/Prefrences/Cubase 7.5/Presets/Key Commands and ~/Library/Prefrences/Cubase 7.5/Presets/Project Logical Editor. See here https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-and-nuendo-program-preferences-files-in-detail/ for detail on how prefs are laid out on mac (had to do the same thing myself just now :slight_smile:

I can confirm the macros work on osx after following winterrat’s instructions.

Why the hell don’t you use multiple outputs from PLAY ?

I’d pay for a true BIP feature update. I don’t need anything else.
Please Steinberg don’t give BIP and 20 new buggy features it’ll take one year to fix.

Thanks