Bounce multiple events with Tail automatically

Another game audio designer here. I also wish to have this feature.
This + seamless looping (wrap tail to the beginning of the audio) at export which apparently Logic also has for a very long time. It looks like Logic has more time-saving options for game audio than Cubase.

Those features would save me (and other sound designers) A LOT of time, that I’m currently wasting on workarounds.

“Tho my biggest question is: how sound designers tackle rendering hundreds of sfxs in one go without this little function :sweat_smile:
They use Reaper :wink: To be fair, I don’t know if Reaper has this feature but probably has. There’s a reason why Reaper is popular more than any other DAW in game audio.

Thanks Nico, tho it’s still not super clear - literally - how many mouse clicks this requires.

“then work my way thru to more precise options” when you’re dealing with hundreds of files could mean further actions

keep in mind that in Logic is one single click and you’re set. Even if you have 10.000 clips to render in one go.
On the other hand Nuendo already has workarounds so I’m still unsure if it’s worth adding another tool.
I’ve got a nosy designer’s mindset so I’m always very cautious adding more tools unless they bring a substantial advantage. I mean really substantial.
I’ll investigate tho’ so thanks for your input :slight_smile:

Once you figure out what FFmpeg parameters you need to do what you want, you can save the command in a batch file, place it in the folder with your 10,000 clips, double-click that batch file and go get another cup of coffee. The next time you have to the same operation, just copy (or move) the batch file to the folder with your audio clips.
So, how many mouse clicks? One double click on the batch file once you have created it.

2 Likes

“It looks like Logic has more time-saving options for game audio than Cubase.”

for one reason: the Logic team has a solid designer’s department which focus on user experience and eliminate redundancies.
The Seconds-Bars features in the Render Settings are a good example of redundancy since, if you provide a -infdB automatic tail option, then you don’t need to specify either the Seconds nor Bars.

Reaper is, in my opinion, way worse on this regard. My bet is that they’re completely lacking a UI-User designer in the team as, in my experience, is clearly made by a team of programmers hence the famous steep learning curve.

To name one: Zoom to project. Very basic feature we ALL need no matter what we do.
Logic/Nuendo–> press 1 key
Reaper → there’s none. I had to create a macro with 5 different actions.
And that’s just one.
That’s why I ditched Reaper after 2 months of transitioning and decided to invest in Nuendo. Tho I have to say that one big factor when ditching Reaper was the absence of audio quantization in a DAW in 2023 which still puzzles me like crazy :rofl:

PS: and no Reaper doesn’t have that feature. You can only specify in ms. I spent 250$ to buy the NVK scripts which fill a lot of gaps but again, a lot more complicated.
Honestly I still don’t know why Reaper is so famous among sound designers. Maybe because they use a lot of custom scripts?

def going to give this a go. Thanks! <3

Yeah, I can’t work in Reaper. I simply can’t stand its GUI and UX. I’m lucky that I can use DAW of my choice instead of Reaper. I have it because my spouse is using it and I tried to change keyboard shortcuts and UX to my preferences but after a few hours and only part of it done I gave up.

maybe useful for (some) future readers of this thread?

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing Nico!

1 Like