Bounce/Render in place weird behaviour

Hi everybody,
today I tried to render some events I created cutting a bigger one starting from hitpoints and when I measured output level in the rendered/bounced files I had a file amplitude and output level drop both when bouncing as well when rendering in place and I can’t figure out why because this the first time it happens…
I also tried with a Cubase library sample and this happen only in this particular project but I can’t understand what’s the wrong setting.
Any idea?
Thank you,
Art

Any chance that the Event volume of the original audio event could have been modified ? It’s not directly visible unless you hover the mouse over it…

HI @cubic13 ,
thank you for your idea, I hadn’t considered it but, unfortunately, clip gain is set to 0 dB and I rarely move it…
I discovered I had forgotten filters and eq opened but when I switched them off anything changed…
Tried as a group output then as a direct master output, no changes.
I also switched from my new Audient iD14mkII to my old MOTU 828mkII, anything…
It’s really too weird, I’ll do some more in depth test in the afternoon… I guess it must be a silly thing but I can’t still find it :roll_eyes: :thinking:
I’ll let you know
Art

Is it possible it depends on the fact the loop is mono?
I don’t expect that, anyway…

Sorry for multiple “auto-answers” but these are, at the same time, questions…
So:

• if I do render in place of a mono channel using “dry” or “channel setting” option - having no effects/filters on it - the resulting audio file is equal to the original one but…
  • if I use one of the other two options rendered file is stereo

What I noticed today for the first time is that mono channel peak level indicator, when fader is at unity gain, is alway 3dB less than master one; is this normal or I’m I missing something?

Thank you very much for helping!

Art

Yep, your two first points are normal, I think. Now, concerning the peak level indicators, I have a difference of only 1dB, the master one being the louder (-12.5 against -13.5), this on a guitar recorded in mono (one ADAT input receiving my amp DI output signal) and rendered either with the Dry option or with the Channel settings one.

This, even Even if I have soloed the involved track, and put the insert I had in it (Mono to Stereo) off. I probably left something else in the signal path…

Hi again, @cubic13, I’ve done some test and what I’ve found is that the problems occurs only with mono files - absolutely any effect in the signal chain - but I haven’t understood why…
I also noticed that if I drag a file from finder (I’m on a mac) directly in the project window Cubase turns it to stereo; no level drop if I render a stereo file.
What annoys me is basically not understanding what’s going on, I can always compensate with gain or normalize processing, but there must be some hidden reason for peak levels on master level meter beeing always precisely 3 dB less than on channel one (even with samples, not only with recorded files).
Thank you again for answering! :blush: :pray:t2: