Bounce Selected clips in 10.0.30

I love that there is way to bounce a clip in 10.0.30, but wondering, is there a way to get back to the original clip & chain later? We’re trying to figure out how to use outboard gear and plugins on individual songs (clips) and print them down, but be able to recall them later for tweaks or to run additional song versions with the same settings. Bounce Selected Clips prints the hardware and plugs, but we’re not seeing how to recall that chain and go back or “unfreeze” that.

If thats not possible, is it possible to record the output of one track to another track in realtime? Seems like there would be a way, but maybe we’re just dumb and not seeing it. haha

Nathan

I love that there is way to bounce a clip in 10.0.30, but wondering, is there a way to get back to the original clip & chain later?

Yes and No.
No with the new Bounce function, but yes if you use the Super Clip function.
The Bounce function simply renders the selected clips to a new file, and create a new clip.
The Super Clip function creates a new sub-montage out of the selected clips, and create a new clip. The sub-montage can then be edited anytime. This is, however, a rather advanced feature.

is it possible to record the output of one track to another track in realtime?

Yes, if I understand your request. And this is one workflow of Justin I think.
This works like this:

• Have a reference track (this new WaveLab 10 feature) with your source audio.
  • On this reference track, add an “Additonal Output Bus”. This bus will drive your analog gear.
  • Now, record on another WaveLab track, the output of the analog gear.

Philippe

Well one of the problems with super clips is that when rendering the super clip it always cuts the end of the audio off when using external fx inside a clip fx chain.

Video link below to show what I mean.

Thanks for all of your help! We love so many things about wav lab and have been users since version 5 and being able to use hardware in wavelab would be a DREAM for us