"Bounce Selection" does not apply inserts...

There really needs to be a way to bounce a selection in place with all it’s effects as an option. This is even more useful on an audio instrument track where with a single click you could convert it to an audio track without having to export/import anything. This workflow needs major improvement in Cubase.

That’s what freeze does. One click…well, then a tail option that doesn’t matter unless you’re a noob putting reverb in as an insert.

I think you need to step back and ask WHY you’re bouncing with inserts applied. To export to another program (w timestamp)? Use export. To take the dsp of that channel off your CPU? Use freeze, which is better than bouncing, because it leaves the plug settings there should you want to unfreeze, adjust, freeze again.

What other reasons do you have that those two don’t fulfill? Add to that that you can always arm another track and bus it to it and record it live, too-but, I’m not sure why, outside of VIs routed though external analog gear where that is more useful that the above. It’s just the “old school logic” way. How it would’ve been done on any recording system prior to 2000 or whatever…

I think freeze is also lacking in terms of work flow. Yes, it does give you the option of freezing editing, freezing ,editing & so on… But this does not allow the cutting of stems etc. In terms of work flow I often experiment with ideas and sometimes just want to bounce say an 8 bar instrument track and possibly move it around/split it up and then move onto a different sound preset patch on the same instrument track… The point I’m making here is I want to work quickly as the ideas arise and not jump into the export window and mess around ticking boxes…

Reverb as an insert has it’s place, although maybe not as much in a traditional workflow.

I know many people, including myself, who first work with external or internal synths to generate a part and then want to convert it to audio to work on it further, cut it up, etc. Having to do an export of a specific channel and then reimport it to an audio channel and copy over the inserts, sends and routing is time consuming. The alternative of setting up a bus, changing the routing to feed that bus, creating a new audio channel and recording front he bus to the channel is also time consuming and still doesn’t resolve the routing and insert/send effect issue.

Ideally there would be a way to convert an instrument track to audio IN PLACE. The track would be converted to an audio track with all routing, insert and send effects maintained. This goes beyond what freezing a track can do now. Ableton Live goes a step further with their implementation of freeze tracks and allows you to first freeze a track and then convert it to an audio track. All of the channels settings and routing stay in place.

Sure, you can do this now with a bunch of steps but it’s time consuming and interrupts the creative process more than it needs to in my opinion.

i hear ya. but at least for now, i’m going to continue to bounce comped tracks and then realtime record tracks and group channels that are filled with cpu hungry plugins and/or a lot of automation…and just use that time to turn down the volume and stand up and stretch!