Bounced regions are seen as damaged wavs by audio editors

Hi guys! Cubase 10.0.40 Pro on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 here.

From within a CB project I bounce track regions with the method explained in Exporting Regions as Audio Files (I do that as a part of my process to make sampled instruments in Kontakt).

The so bounced wav files cannot be opened neither by WaveLab Elements 9.5 nor by SpectraLayers Pro 6 nor by iZotope RX Standard 7. For instance, I get this error message in WaveLabs: “This Audio File seems to contain corrupted or damaged data. It can not be opened. Most probably, the application that created this file is responsible. For security reasons, WaveLab Elements will not open a file that is not perfectly formatted.”

However, the same bounced files are opened with no problems by the freeware Audacity 2.3.2. Exporting them from within Audacity with the same format they were opened make them openable in the other editors too. How to make the bounced regions openable by the other audio editors without having to pass through Audacity? Is there any suitable setting I am missing in Cubase?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Hi,

Why you don’t use Export Audio Mixdown instead?

Bounce is meant to be used when you want to use the audio file in the project again (actually originally something like “MIDI to Audio” for the instrument tracks).

Hi,

because I would like to obtain multiple files, one for each region. There are really many regions involved in order to make sampled instruments in Kontakt… doing a mixdown for each region would take ages.