Bracketed notes as alternative notes

I need to write small bracketed (and stemless for avoiding clutter) notes as alternative notes (either too high or too low) for more experienced singers. So I have normal notes and as “optional notes”.
I managed to do this using a second voice, removing the stems, changing the scale and adding brackets, but maybe there is a better way.
I am writing this just because it could be interesting if Dorico would contemplate the possibility for “alternative notes”. I have seen this practice in some renaissance music editions.
I know there is always the “ossia” procedure, but for a few homorhythmic notes it would be too much.

Instead of changing the scale of each notehead individually, you could also create a custom notehead set with smaller noteheads.

1 Like

You could record a script of this procedure and then use it again on any selection.

1 Like

Or, depending on the scope of the project, simply create the notes normally, and then ctrl or cmd+click them all to select them all at once and then affect the changes desired.

1 Like