brass quintet to brit-brass quintet

I’ve written a brass quintet and would like to re-score it for “british brass” (BB) where most parts are in treble clef. Obviously the tenor trombone and (Eb, and Bb) tuba parts are problematic in treble clef. I guess the simplest way is to change the bass clef symbol to treble clef and move the written notes up to the staff lines; but then, of course they won’t play back properly (or at all). I know I can maintain two versions of the score in different Flows, but It would be nice if Dorico Setup provided “British” instrument brass parts with automatic transpositions to make this all transparent. Is there a trick in Dorico 1 that I’ve missed to accomodate the BB format?

–N

Easiest thing to do is open the Brass Band template and remove the instruments you don’t need.

That worked. I should’ve thought of it. Thanks, Craig.

–N

Can’t you choose the appropriate instruments when you set up your score? I’m pretty sure all the treble clef versions are ther.

:slight_smile:

Ibuckley asked: “Can’t you choose the appropriate instruments when you set up your score? I’m pretty sure all the treble clef versions are there.”

Most of the Brit Brass Band instruments are in the Add Solo/Section Setup lists, although not properly named, but no treble clef trombone and Eb/Bb tubas. As Craig said, I found all of these, properly named and clefed under the Band tag for New Empty Project and deleted the lines I didn’t need.

–N