Brauerizing while also using a summing mixer. How?

Suppose I want to use a summing mixer, and also Brauerize in the box. (Brauerizing is where you use 4 separate mixbusses, instead of 1)

Well, since my summing mixer funnels things down to 1 stereo track, I have to do my Brauerizing to 4 stereo groups IN THE BOX FIRST… BEFORE sending out to analog summing.

So, this is the equivalent of 8 tracks of analog summing (4 stereo groups) funneled down to 2.

And yet, my gorgeous summing mixer is capable of doing 16 tracks down to 2…

Hmm…

I had an idea that I could first send all my tracks to the 4 (ish) Brauer groups… set the compressors on each of those groups… and then turn off the output of those groups and still do my summing the way I normally do… to do this by SIDE-CHAINING from those Brauer groups to compressors I’ve now placed on those individual tracks…

…and then send those individual tracks out to the summing mixer.

Of course, I would set all these individual compressors to the exact settings of the Brauer group compressors… This way they would behave the same.

So, therefore, I’ve achieved Brauerizing prior to summing.

Cool, right?

The question is, how to do this best via routing? …because it’s not happening by doing the obvious things…

After testing this fairly extensively, it seems that I cannot side-chain back to a compressor on an audio track that is routed to the group I’m side-chaining from. (Gosh, even that sentence makes me dizzy.) One thing I can do, though, is print those Brauer groups, and use that audio to side-chain from.

Anyone else has thought of this, tried this, and knows a solution? …via direct routing, or sends, or something. I’m simply looking to avoid having to print tracks… so I can stay in the workflow…