Bring Back Audio Mixdown dialog window tab button feature

In Cubase 9.5 Pro, when the Audio Mixdown window opened, the file name field was active by default, and you could quickly type a file name change.

Then you could tab through the window to the Export button and hit enter.

These are gone in Cubase 10 Pro. Now we are required to use a mouse to click around. Forcing users to use a mouse instead of a keyboard does not speed up the workflow!

I use Cubase for sound design, and I have to export variants of sounds; this means I name them FileName_01, FileName_02, and so on. I wrote scripts that are triggered in Bome Midi Translator from Lemur on my iPad, and from one press I could tell Cubase 9.5 to select the next item on the track, set locators to selection, open the Mixdown window, hit backspace, enter the next number higher, tab 27 times (to the Export button), and hit return. All of this has been negated by UI “improvement” work in Cubase 10.

You are definitely right - the new export window is a big step back!

When I have to export some hundreds of clips, I switch back to 9.5 - that saves me some hundreds of unnecessary mouseclicks.

Steinberg, please bring back “file name field active by default”… pleeeeaaase

I use Cubase for sound design, and I have to export variants of sounds; this means I name them FileName_01, FileName_02, and so on. I wrote scripts that are triggered in Bome Midi Translator from Lemur on my iPad, and from one press I could tell Cubase 9.5 to select the next item on the track, set locators to selection, open the Mixdown window, hit backspace, enter the next number higher, tab 27 times (to the Export button), and hit return.

For this job you could just use cycle markers in a marker track.