Bring back Embracer and friends!

Yes, in fact the last time I used Embracer was in that very configuration, without issue. Maybe the VSTBridge developers have some insider knowledge?

It disgusts me that Embracer isn’t usable and I still haven’t found an adequate replacement, almost a year later. ‘Classic Strings’ was my go-to preset for all sorts of things. Indeed, I was just popping back to the forum to see if the problem have been resolved.

QUESTION: what is the closest preset available with Cubase 9 that sounds like Embracer’s Classic Strings? I’d really appreciate your suggestions.

Make a very basic (8-16 bars) project and upload it here and I’m sure there are plenty of people who will rise to the challenge!

+1

I had another preset I like very much.
My solution was: :bulb: generated several wav files for a lot of notes and put them together in a KONTAKT 5 instrument.
No easy, not nice, took some effort and time. But it worked for me.

A temporary fix is using this:

Anyway, +1 for Embracer and Monologue.

Did you mean this could help us use Embracer Monologue in C9?

:open_mouth: :confused:

Aha scrub that, I see it’s Mac only anyway. :cry:

Yes, this work, I’m sure there’s something similar in Windows, many 32bit plug-ins still not get updated and, probably, never across the 64bit world for many reasons.

I think the issue isn’t the 32 > 64 Bit but the fact that Monologue/Embracer are VST2 technology. There doesn’t seem to be a workaround for that.

They still work like a charm in cubase 8.5 and lower, also in 64bit. I think it’s only a company rule, Steinberg want to stop supporting 32bit and VST 2.x software, VST3 technology is no more experimental and it’s time to look forward. Most of the majority of software house are doing the same (recently Sonnox is upgrading their plug-ins to VST3 version and, believe me, it’s anyway late). VST3 offers many advantages, like less CPU charge, performance and the ability to switch off when not in use, and of course, side chain it’s easy and quick.

Yes, thanks. Can understand some of this.

I just wish they had left in the option to use VST 2.x software at the expense of instability (if that even ended up being the case).

If I’m right you can, just disable “plug-ins guardian” or something like that but, as you said, at the expense of stability. Certain VST instruments don’t work without an apparent motivation, like BazzISM for example.

Any details on this (how to disable plug-ins guardian)?

Anyone know for sure. It would be great to get a resolution to this thread.

My fault, it was “plug-ins sentinel” instead of guardian.

Read this, u’ll find all is needed for re-enable blacklisted plug-ins.

That said, 32bit are no more supported in 64bit installation, but, looking around on Google or YouTube, I remember that someone found a way to “bypass” the process.
Sincerely I never investigated on this.

Thanks.

If anyone knows how to bypass the C9 bock on VST 2.x plugs could be great to know.

You can use jbridge but, as known, it’s absolutely unstable.

This is the only way mate, try out the demo and see if this work for you.

Thanks.

Won’t work, jBridge can bridge 32 > 64 bit VSTs (and mostly does it very well) but not VST 2.x, ah well… :confused:

Wow, just come back to this old topic after a few years and it’s great to see how many people agree (or, at least did so back in 2017!) :smiley:

I actually found it by googling “Steinberg Embracer”, began reading the topic and thought: man, I really agree with this guy! Then I realised it was me! :laughing:

I recently decided to get the Embracer synth working again, in whatever way possible: I remember all those lush sounds it’s capable of producing, and have still yet to find a synth (hardware or software) that replicates this wonderful little VST.

So, I’ve dual-booted Windows 7 Home Premium onto my (Win 10) machine and I’m running Cubase 6, both in 64-bit. I can confirm that this setup allows Embracer to work with no problems, so if anyone needs it - this is a good way to do it.

As an added bonus, I can now use the Editor/Librarian for my SH-201 as well, another synth that time forgot!

*(As far as I recall, Embracer and co. are also available on Cubase 5 and 7 and indeed will work in any version up to 8.5 with VST 32/64-bit bridging/wrapping, as others have mentioned: it is indeed the fact that it’s VST 2 that stops it from working in other versions).

1 Like

@will3music that’s great you got it working! And thanks for the heads up.

It was a great synth indeed.