British spelling of "center"

“…and the manual in the sentencemiddles into German dropped”?

Hey, case endings?.. :wink:

I sincerely apologise for the grating arrogance of Americans who believe the US is the center, yea the very fiber of cultural advances, yet I’d hate for this dialogue, fuelled by offence, pretence or license by neighbours on opposite sides of the pond who are manoeuvring to advance their country’s unique spelling for words ending in “re”, “er”, “our”, “or”, “ize”, “ise”, “yse”, “yze”, or a vowel + “l” to cause paralysis on the dev team, thus distracting them from their excellent labour; in this vein, I propose we shift the debate to the use of British or American versions of idioms in these forum discussions, thus freeing the dev team from this flogging of a dead horse, giving them a new lease on life. That’s my two cents, I’m blowing my own horn, but feel free to take it with a pinch or grain of salt.

I believe Dan’s only point in his original post was that it made sense to spell the same word the same way in two boxes on the same panel. His argument was for consistency rather than for cultural superiority. Many of the other posts here were observational rather than prescriptive.

Frankly, as someone on the U.S. side of the pond, I couldn’t care less which version of spelling is used, but I think consistency is worth pursuing.
(I do enjoy the humor here though, which seems meant in good spirits.)

A close reading of kt-va’s post makes me suspect that he also intends it as humo(u)r…

Since a certain American software development team seems to have capitulated, I vote for all-British spelling throughout Dorico, semihemidemisemiquavers and all, in honor of the team that is actually trying to do something to improve the lives of musicians. (I am a citizen of the USA.)

I assume you mean MakeMusic Inc?

(AFAIK the other possible candidate tried Ukranianans, Poles, and Canadians, but not Americans - and their most helpful team members for the last year or two seem to be from the Phillipines.)

Yes, a lame attempt at humour (humor) - sorry for the diversion. I crammed as many words on the ‘British v American Spellings’ list as I could, mixing up the variants, ending with British v American versions of idioms.

Oops!

And I am sck and tred of Windose trying desperately to correct my toffee-nosed, plum-in-the mouth Bwittisch Englisch