Broken dongle - but what to do ?

I have broken my dongle for my Cubase 6 for mac.

I am a member of Steinberg and have logged onto the site to find out how to get a replacement.
I need to activate or maybe reactivate my license but the instructions are very confusing.

It is asking for a license number but the record shows
“broken elicense
deactivated may 2016”

I have tried to submit a ticket request but (as you can see from my earlier post at the forum) the actual online form cannot be found.

There is an expensive premium number phone line to call them in Germany restricted to 9am and 11 am.
An alternative free phone number never gets answered.

As a 65-year-old pensioner I’m struggling to find a solution.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
M.G

Thanks but the problem is that the ‘Submit a ticket’ link takes you back after a tortuous route to the Support page.

I too am curious as my dongle is in bad shape. It still works but needs to be replaced. I’m worried that by doing this, it will result in a huge hassle having to reinstall everything.

If it’s still working the process is easy as purchasing a new dongle and transfer the licences from old to new in the ELicenser Control Center. No reinstalling of anything needed.

If you don’t have access to another USB dongle, purchase one here…

Then do this…

Regards. :sunglasses:

Dont worry you wont have to reinstall your cubase You just have to get another Dongle and install your licence into the done